stocks for savage axis

PDA

sgtwest
January 3, 2015, 10:25 AM
I Have an short action axis with accu trigger I'm thinking about replacing the stock and most likely will probably glass bed it I found a resin kit from Brownells and a thumbhole stock from Boyd's for my project. any thoughts the cost of everything would be about 150. thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "stocks for savage axis" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Armor Snail
January 3, 2015, 10:36 AM
Go for it.

bangswitch
January 5, 2015, 03:32 PM
I have one of Boyd's thumbhole stocks on my Marlin X7 .308 bolt gun, and LOVE it. Super-nice finish, my action/barrel was a drop-in fit, and the grip is perfect for my hand. I did not have to trim the length of the stock; I added a Limbsaver pad and the length of pull was just right for me, about 14-1/2 inches. I didn't glass bed it, but that should be icing on the cake. I could slip a piece of typing paper between the barrel and for end all the way back to the chamber.

The feel of the rifle and the accuracy improved after getting rid of the plastic stock.

sgtwest
January 6, 2015, 12:11 PM
Do you plan on bedding your stock ? I have ordered an Thumbhole for my savage axis XP II .223

bangswitch
January 6, 2015, 04:17 PM
Do you plan on bedding your stock ?

Probably not. The gun shoots 1 MOA as -is, and anything to attempt an improvement on that will be limited by my own marksmanship.

If you enjoyed reading about "stocks for savage axis" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!