HK PSG-1 Online Auction

PDA

gramma_moses88
January 5, 2015, 11:21 AM
Hello to all in the THR universe! I've used this forum as a lurker for years. It has been an invaluable tool for research, so many thanks.

An unfired HK PSG-1 has come up on an online auction & I'm curious as to a real value for this piece. One recently sold on Gunbroker for $20,000. I question if that was a real result or not. That rifle was advertised as unfired. The PSG-1 up for bids now is also unfired.

here's a link to the auction: http://smithsales.auctionflex.com/showlots.ap?co=11217&weid=52925&weiid=0&archive=n&lso=lotnumasc&pagenum=1&lang=En

Any input would be enormously appreciated!

If you enjoyed reading about "HK PSG-1 Online Auction" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Robert
January 5, 2015, 11:35 AM
Its an auction. They start low and let bidders drive the price up. But that price does seem way low for even a used PSG1.

Trent
January 5, 2015, 11:44 AM
That's awful low on price. I would expect that to get bid up well past 10K, maybe as high as 15K.

Back in 2006 I nearly bought one, also claimed to be NIB, at the advertised price of $12,500. The deal fell through in the end and I picked up something different.

20K would be a stretch, but, there's no supply, and it's a sellers market. If you stumbled on the right buyer with deep pockets at the right time? I could see it happening.

If you enjoyed reading about "HK PSG-1 Online Auction" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!