Adding a "survival" category

PDA

SteelyDan
April 17, 2004, 03:51 AM
For your consideration: How about adding a "Survival" category to the forum? You know, camping skills, water purification, dehydrated food, ammo storage, etc. At the risk of stating the obvious, there is no shortage of members who enjoy the SHTF posts. I suspect that many of those members are dreadfully ignorant when it comes to real world preparations, while other members have a lot of knowledge to share.

Just a thought.

If you enjoyed reading about "Adding a "survival" category" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TheBluesMan
April 17, 2004, 09:48 AM
With apologies to LawDog and Jeff White, it seems to me that these posts would best fit in Strategies and Tactics.

Balog
April 19, 2004, 01:13 AM
I brought up this very subject a wee bit ago. Find that thread here (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59848&highlight=survival).

SteelyDan
May 6, 2004, 11:35 PM
Okay, I just can't quite let go of this idea.

How about changing the name of "Strategies and Tactics" to "Strategies, Tactics, and Survival?" Or "Survival, Strategies, and Tactics?"

Well, you get the concept.

mr_dove
May 7, 2004, 03:17 AM
sounds like a good idea to me. I had to go to some other forums to get my survival fix. Even they are imperfect though.

Jeff White
May 8, 2004, 10:04 PM
There are dedicated forums for survival. I'd like to keep Strategies and Tactics more focused on preparation for extreme encouters. We've had threads on vehicles and other survival related topics. I'd really rather not get into canning, water purification, growing food or the other things you can branch off into.

I think those topics would be better discussed on another board where there are subject matter experts on staff.

Jeff

If you enjoyed reading about "Adding a "survival" category" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!