Need AR10 sight radius, etc

PDA

yankytrash
April 19, 2004, 07:54 AM
What's the measured distance between the AR10's front and rear sights?

Also, measuring from barrel center, is there a difference in the heights of the average rear peephole center and the average height of the top of the front post (say, at 300m setting)?

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Need AR10 sight radius, etc" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mpthole
April 22, 2004, 01:43 PM
Are you looking for a full rifle length measurement (20" barrel)? Or carbine (16")? I can help you with the carbine since I have one of those, but don't have a 20" upper.

I think Zak Smith has a 20" AR10 though... :confused:

yankytrash
April 24, 2004, 06:58 AM
Carbine'll do.

Sunray
April 25, 2004, 12:03 AM
A real AR10 or one of the new copies?

yankytrash
April 25, 2004, 07:30 AM
Shouldn't matter, but let's say "real" for kicks and giggles....

mpthole
April 25, 2004, 06:16 PM
Approximate distance from rear peep sight to front post (16"): 17 & 5/8"

Also, measuring from barrel center, is there a difference in the heights of the average rear peephole center and the average height of the top of the front post (say, at 300m setting)?v That's a tough one for me to measure...

I get 2 & 11/16" for the front sight height and about that for the rear. I've never tried to make these measurements before, so I'm kind of at a loss for the best way to take them.

Also, can you clarify what you mean by average height?

yankytrash
April 26, 2004, 08:01 PM
That's what I needed. Thanks...

If you enjoyed reading about "Need AR10 sight radius, etc" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!