Blackpowder retailers (VA region)

PDA

Poodleshooter
February 7, 2003, 04:07 PM
Good grief- I cannot find anyone within about 100 miles who stocks real blackpowder! I'm finally running out of my last can of Goex, and no one around this area retails it.
I may have to finagle some from my reenactor buddies.
Anyone know of a location in VA, WV, MD etc who still retails Goex, Swiss or even Elephant?
Do y'all have trouble finding BP in your neck of the woods?

If you enjoyed reading about "Blackpowder retailers (VA region)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BigG
February 7, 2003, 04:12 PM
Check with Clark Bros in Warrenton, VA. They used to sell Goex, prolly still do.

Poodleshooter
February 7, 2003, 04:43 PM
Yep, they stock it-$14.95 per pound :what:

ndnchf
February 13, 2008, 03:00 PM
Gander Mountain in Fredericksburg carries it now.

Misfire99
February 13, 2008, 09:06 PM
Yep, they stock it-$14.95 per pound

Sounds good to me. I just bought the last two cans of 2F, or any F for that matter, in the county for $18 per can. It's a real pain as the main distribution center for goex is about two hours drive from here. I called them up to see if I could stop by and get a case. No way ray. I need a blasting license to buy it direct from them. So now I have to buy online and pay all the shipping and hazmat.

I tell you I try very hard to buy locally and not from Big Box stores. But it is getting harder and harder to support local businesses when they don't stock what I want. I guess the local businesses don't have the same loyalty to me as I have to them.

Eric F
February 16, 2008, 01:36 PM
bobs guns in norfolk has it also ron hess(jerk)

If you enjoyed reading about "Blackpowder retailers (VA region)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!