A look into the future

PDA

another48hrs
April 24, 2004, 04:49 AM
I found this video while searching the net. It is done in CG, anybody who is a fan of Anime like Patlabor will like this and everyone else who is afraid of a HK terminator future might be disturbed.

http://www.theembassyvfx.com/tetra_w_movie.html

Sure the Honda Asimo can play the trumpet, but can he fire a galil. :D Warning its about 16mb.

If you enjoyed reading about "A look into the future" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Onesword
April 24, 2004, 10:32 AM
Very cool!

Snowdog
April 24, 2004, 10:38 AM
Excellent! I found that quite amusing, thanks for the link!

BryanP
April 24, 2004, 10:51 AM
That robot does look sort of like a miniature Ingram Patlabor.

And from somewhere I hear a Japanese girl screaming "Hah! That ugly thing doesn't look anything like my Alphonse!" ^_^

Preacherman
April 24, 2004, 11:08 PM
That's actually an R4, a South African license-manufactured copy of the Galil. I know that company, too - they make some good stuff. Interesting to see the background shots in that advertisement: I recognized many of the locations.

another48hrs
April 24, 2004, 11:26 PM
Thanks for the correction Preacherman. I knew it was probably the South African version, but at the time I posted it I was too lazy to look it up.

And from somewhere I hear a Japanese girl screaming "Hah! That ugly thing doesn't look anything like my Alphonse!" ^_^ :D

7.62FullMetalJacket
April 24, 2004, 11:49 PM
:scrutiny: Is that a real RoboCop? Looks like a human in mock up except for the neck views.

BryanP
April 25, 2004, 11:26 AM
Depending on the view it appears to be a mix of robotic modelwork, a guy in a suit and CGI.

spartacus2002
April 25, 2004, 02:08 PM
He looks like Briarios from the Appleseed manga...

If you enjoyed reading about "A look into the future" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!