Which custom work comes first?

PDA

Mastrogiacomo
April 24, 2004, 09:23 PM
I'm planning on getting a trigger job on my new gun by Langdon tactical at www.langdontactical.com -- and give my gun a finish by someone else. The finish would be frame only. My question though is which work should I do first? The finish then the trigger job or the other way around?

If you enjoyed reading about "Which custom work comes first?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ID_shooting
April 24, 2004, 09:40 PM
You shoudl allways do the mechanical work before the asthetics. If somthing needs to be fitted or milled it would have to be refinished again.

Jim Watson
April 24, 2004, 11:06 PM
I'd ask Langdon where to have a specialty finish done.

What exactly did you have in mind?

Mastrogiacomo
April 24, 2004, 11:14 PM
I'm thinking of doing the level 2 trigger job with Ernest -- and have TJ Customs do the finish work. I haven't decided which finish yet but TJ is on the expensive side so Ernest is getting my gun for the trigger work since I trust what he does.

Sunray
April 25, 2004, 01:02 AM
Do the trigger first. Mind you, on a custom pistol, the trigger shouldn't need doing.

Mastrogiacomo
April 25, 2004, 09:43 AM
My Berettas really don't need anything, but customizing is always half the fun with me. :)

Dave Sample
April 25, 2004, 03:31 PM
Custom 1911 needs a trigger job and re-finishing? Wow!

Jim Watson
April 26, 2004, 10:42 AM
Uh, Dave, Mastro shoots Berettas.

If you enjoyed reading about "Which custom work comes first?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!