Pricing Question

PDA

Shmackey
April 24, 2004, 09:33 PM
Let's say you send a gun off to a smith for a bunch of work. While it's sitting at the smith for a few months or a year, the smith's pricing goes up once, maybe even twice. Would you expect your cost to be based on the price sheet at the time when you sent in your gun, or on the price sheet at the time when the work is done?

Just wondering what the standard operating procedure is.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pricing Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Stinger
April 24, 2004, 11:58 PM
Well, if i sent it in to fix 'X problem' in March, and he raises the prices in May...July...September, I expect to get March's price.

Are you having problems getting some work done?

Stinger

Shmackey
April 25, 2004, 12:26 AM
No--no problem at all. I was just curious.

Thanks for the reply.

gyp_c2
April 25, 2004, 12:55 AM
On the written quote you should have before you ok the work...

You did get a written quote didn't you?

There was a big deal a few years ago about someone that couldn't finish all the work they had in the shop for some reason...As I recall it took forever for most to get straightened out...You should get all the paper you can with a transaction like this. You never know what will happen. The world has changed a little you see...and there's always the chance that something could happen to the smith as well. That's also been known to happen...Nothing negative about having work done, just makes good sense to document it...

g2
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/smokin.gif

Shmackey
April 25, 2004, 01:32 AM
Guys, guys... This is a hypothetical thing. Just curious.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pricing Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!