Time Stamps in threads not correct.

PDA

deanf
April 25, 2004, 03:59 AM
Did the THR server not "spring ahead"?

I've had to set my time offset to GMT -7 to get the right time stamp in threads. I'm in PST zone so it's actually GMT -8.

If you enjoyed reading about "Time Stamps in threads not correct." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TheBluesMan
April 25, 2004, 04:24 PM
Please refer to this thread for an answer: http://www.TheHighRoad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77026

:)

tyme
April 25, 2004, 08:11 PM
Yes, it's a pain.

GMT and UTC don't adjust for DST (daylight saving time)

If you use THR time as a clock, you'll have to adjust your timezone. Having THR adjust for DST is certainly utilitarian (most members are certainly in locations that observe typical DST adjustments). However, it turns the time label into a lie. If THR says "all times are GMT-5", doesn't it make sense for those times to be GMT-5, even in the summer when your timezone might switch to GMT-4?

Hopefully this semiannual amusement has informed more people as to the stupidity of DST.

vB3 uses javascript to grab your system's time, so you shouldn't have to deal with DST changes after this fall.

TXBera
April 29, 2004, 03:03 PM
Just noticed that myself, but since we might be going to vB3, i won't lose any sleep over it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Time Stamps in threads not correct." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!