BOB for urban relocaion shelter

PDA

cpileri
February 7, 2003, 09:46 PM
Foxnews just put out an article recommending, among other things, preparing a basic "emergency bag" to grab if the need arises.
What would you put in a kit for an urban dweller who is going to play along and go to wherever they have temporarily set aside?

Hypothetically of course!
C-

If you enjoyed reading about "BOB for urban relocaion shelter" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
blades67
February 7, 2003, 09:52 PM
Pork Rinds and beer?:D

gryphon
February 7, 2003, 10:30 PM
I'm not going to name specifics of what should be in the bag as there are posts here and at TFL that you can look up for that. However, there are certain things that a good BOB should have that are not dependent on urban, suburban, or rural environments(Water, food, extra clothes, first aid, cash, etc.) Then you can customize items if need be depending on your locale or relocation area. Just use your best judgement and you should have the essentials you need to make it for a few days.

Art Eatman
February 8, 2003, 12:05 AM
Two scenarios: One is that you have friends or relatives who can put you up for a while. So, you take stuff useful to an expansion of their world, their new responsibilities for you and yours.

The other is that you go to some FEMA site. They'll have basic food and water; maybeso blankets and cots. After that, you're on your own for supplies. Outside of food and water, what do you need at home? Okay, that's what you'll need wherever you go.

And wherever you go, you'll find Officialdom is uninterested in your rights, RKBA, whatever. All they want is peace and quiet and obedience--while they tear their hair out listening to the whining of those who don't understand the problem. "Short-tempered" comes to mind, along with "Lots of police power".

Art

Lone_Gunman
February 8, 2003, 08:09 AM
is there any doubt in anyones mind, that the RKBA will not be tolerated in a shelter situation? Guns will be taken at the front door.

agtman
February 8, 2003, 10:32 AM
"... in a shelter situation? Guns will be taken at the front door."

Yep, and confiscated probably means forfeited.

I can hear it now. One Nat'l Guard guy saying to his buddy:

"Hey, Joe. Look what I just took off this clown. A $2000 custom 1911, with two extra mags. Guess what I'll be shooting at the unit match next month?"

:rolleyes:

DMK
February 8, 2003, 06:57 PM
"Hey, Joe. Look what I just took off this clown. A $2000 custom 1911, with two extra mags. Guess what I'll be shooting at the unit match next month?" Yea, that's one reason having a C&R is nice. Losing a $120 Molina is so much easier to swallow than losing a 2K custom Les Baer.

However, losing everything in your house to looters (including your gun safes :uhoh: ) is even scarier once friends and family are secured and you have time to think.

gun-fucious
February 9, 2003, 12:36 AM
ya better have a motorcycle
cause a car is not gonna get out

roscoe
February 9, 2003, 01:17 AM
I recommend a pistol that is virtually undiscoverable under most circumstances. My P32 and one mag sits in the back pocket of my small notebook holder and you wouldn't know it was there even if you opened it up. It just sits, slim and light, in a small inner zipper.

deputy tom
February 9, 2003, 01:47 AM
quote:Foxnews just put out an article recommending, among other things, preparing a basic "emergency bag" to grab if the need arises.end quote.

I saw that segment and wondered if Their emergency bag would equate to what We know as BOB and what if any info. the Home Land Security People would share with the average Joe.I just did a search of Fox News' site and couldn't find anything related to this story.tom.
:confused:

Kahr carrier
February 9, 2003, 05:12 AM
BEEF JERKY :neener:

Jack19
February 9, 2003, 06:23 AM
Check out these links:

Preparedness Handbook (http://www.disastermagazine.com/preparedness.htm)

FEMA (http://www.fema.gov/library/emfdwtr.shtm)

BOB (http://www.fema.gov/library/diskit.shtm)

Regards

ladder15
February 9, 2003, 07:36 AM
Roscoe, great idea about your notebook. Could you post a pic or model of the notebook?

Thanks!!

If you enjoyed reading about "BOB for urban relocaion shelter" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!