20ga 3" ithaca 200E engraved bought today

PDA

eastbank
September 16, 2015, 03:46 PM
after three weeks of trying to get to a price on this 20ga double barrel, we reached a agreement on price and it came home with me. it is in next to ex condition in and out and reminds me of my browning bss sporter 20ga and i hope it fits and shoots like it. i have been shooting one round of trap every week with a 20ga and my high is 22-25. i would like to shoot a 25-25 someday with a 20ga. any thoughts on the ithaca 200E,good or bad? eastbank.

If you enjoyed reading about "20ga 3" ithaca 200E engraved bought today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
oneounceload
September 16, 2015, 04:08 PM
Made by SKB and SKB made great guns at a good price point. With a little care, your grandkids and their grandkids should be using it.

wgp
September 17, 2015, 05:40 PM
I bought a 200E 20 ga years ago at an estate auction, paid about $600 and it has been one of the best deals I ever made. I actually don't shoot it much, as I have kind of gone over to O/U shotguns, but that 200E is a beautiful shotgun, points perfectly and is great to carry. Mine has a single selective trigger, recoil-operated, is Improved/Modified choked with a pistol grip stock. Perhaps they all are, I don't know. The recoil trigger has never failed me. Mine also has the automatic extractor/ejector (extracts an unfired shell, ejects a fired shell). I have seen 12 ga 200s that have a lot more barrel and are Mod/Full, but they lack the light weight quickness of the 20 ga. A friend has a 200A and it has the straight English stock (which I don't really like).

I have had one Ithaca/SKB O/U, and two new SKBs, and have enjoyed them all. I believe you'll find that the Weatherby shotguns are (or were) made by SKB as well.

Enjoy your new purchase.

vietnam vet
September 17, 2015, 07:11 PM
I purchased a SKB model 100 new in the box,20ga three inch improved modified.I think it was made in 1969,This one is heavily engraved with a pheasant on one side and a duck on the other side.I paid 850.00 for it,nice looking double but I have not shot it yet.

Shanghai McCoy
September 18, 2015, 04:25 PM
My first shotgun was an Ithaca SKB 12 gauge double. Good solid gun. Sadly it got sold about 30 years ago... :(

hoghunting
September 18, 2015, 05:06 PM
Very nice shotgun, glad you were able to get it for the right price. Congratulations.

eastbank
September 18, 2015, 06:12 PM
we danced for three weeks, starting at 750.00 and i offered 500.00 knowing he would not take that and at week two he came down to 700.00 and i countered by offering 575.00 and was turned down, on week three i said i realy liked the shotgun and would make a final offer of 625.00, he laughed and said ok its yours. and then said he would have taken 600.00. i am going to shoot it on wednesday nights trap shoot. ps on sunday i shot a 23-25 with my browning XS 20ga. eastbank.

CoalTrain49
September 18, 2015, 07:01 PM
For that price you can't go wrong. SKB went out of business but I understand you can still get parts.

The last I heard a gunsmith in Canada had the remaining inventory. This was several years ago.

Ron Sharp in Ontario, Canada at 905-774-6368

oneounceload
September 18, 2015, 08:38 PM
GU in Omaha who was the importer (and still is for the new SKBs made in Turkey) is supposed to have the remaining guns and parts from SKB.

If you enjoyed reading about "20ga 3" ithaca 200E engraved bought today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!