Small Hunter, O1 With Cocobolo

September 17, 2015, 12:53 PM
Here's one I just finished. Its stock removal, blade is 1/8" O1, handle is cocobolo with mosaic pins. Did a simple pouch sheath with an antique saddle tan finish. Can't remember exact specs, blade is around 3 inches and about 7.5" overall length.

If you enjoyed reading about "Small Hunter, O1 With Cocobolo" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!
September 17, 2015, 01:15 PM
Man, that's nice!!!

Love how the mosaic pins look in that wood!!

September 17, 2015, 01:42 PM
Nice! You could do a lot of good work with a knife like that. Simply, purposeful, and plenty more than handsome!

September 17, 2015, 02:14 PM
That's very nice. I've been looking to get a nice general purpose knife and this fits the bill. I bet you could sell a lot of these if you were so inclined.

September 17, 2015, 09:39 PM
Fantastic craftsmanship.
I love the lettering. Got to learn that skill.

September 18, 2015, 12:23 AM
Good looking knife!!!

September 18, 2015, 07:02 PM
Very nice, I love O1 and how sharp it gets. I like the handle shaping too!

September 18, 2015, 07:10 PM
One really pretty knife and a hell of a job of
worksmanship on your part Redneck. Wish
I had half your talent.

September 19, 2015, 10:00 AM
Thanks for looking and all the nice comments guys. I used to make a lot of knives and burned out at it. Started just making the odd knife here and there, then I got into leatherwork and somehow that brought me back around to making knives. For the leatherwork I've mainly been doing repairs and customizing saddles, knife sheaths are alot different. Going to have to get a few more under my belt to get where I want to be.

September 19, 2015, 06:45 PM
Nice overall size, good blade shape.

Shanghai McCoy
September 19, 2015, 07:08 PM
That is a well made , practical style and good looking knife there Sir.

September 20, 2015, 11:04 AM

Everyone else hit on what I was going to specifically mention.

I also rather like that initial and horse shoe shield on the saddle skirt.

Makes me wonder how silly a bit of embrodary stuck on a nylon light weight saddle might look.

September 21, 2015, 11:16 AM
Thanks guys

Only way to find out is to try it. That particular saddle I did the shield on is my girlfriends training saddle. She bought one, and one of her clients ordered one shortly after. She got hers about 3 weeks before the clients, and then 2 days after the client's was delivered they were both stolen overnight. That saddle maker doesn't put serial numbers on their roughout training saddles so there was no way to identify the stolen saddles. I took care of that on her replacement :cuss:

September 21, 2015, 12:24 PM
Great work, and most of all- it looks useful and ready to work.

Barry the Bear
September 21, 2015, 10:03 PM
Looks awesome! Wish I had some of that talent !

If you enjoyed reading about "Small Hunter, O1 With Cocobolo" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!