A Suggestion..........

PDA

nemesis
February 7, 2003, 11:03 PM
Following the unfortunate demise of The Firing Line, there were invitations to migrate to several other forums. Amongst these were The Firing Range, Gun-Talk and The High Road.

The Firing Range is a friendly place but lacking in traffic, Gun-Talk is considerably better (I won an AR-15 there!) but The High Road seems to have become the de facto inheritor of the exodus. I'm not at all displeased with this board and most of the fearsome old faces are still here.

What I do feel is lacking are some specific forums which seem to be universally popular. While THR has the Handloading and Reloading Forum, I have not seen nor located a universal Ammunition Forum and I really do feel that this is needed.

Also, concealed carry is not only popular but has it's own specific topics and none of the current forums seems able to fill the needs of concerned CCW/CHL practitioners.

Is there any possibility of seeing dedicated Ammunition and CCW/CHL Forums?

If you enjoyed reading about "A Suggestion.........." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TheBluesMan
February 7, 2003, 11:39 PM
You ask if it is a possibility... Absolutely, it is a possibility. The only question is: How good a possibility. ;)

I'm not clear on why general ammunition questions/posts wouldn't fit in the current reloading forum. Please explain that one a little more for me if you don't mind. Perhaps a simple "rename" would be in order. Something like "Loads and Reloads" perhaps.

The CCW forum suggestion is a very good one. I heartily endorse the idea, in fact. Please allow the staff to chew on this idea for a short while and we'll let you know the outcome of the debate.

If you (or others) would like to comment further on either of these suggestions, this thread is the right place to do it. I look forward to hearing more about these possibilities.

Thanks,

-Dave

nemesis
February 8, 2003, 10:58 PM
I'm a reloader........but reloading is a completely different critter than just discussing ammo. A Reloading Forum provides a place for those who craft and create their own ammo but it does not represent the interests of those who purchase ammo and it is not the correct venue for discussing the merits of one caliber or manufacturer over another.

The 1911 Forum has "Ammo Can", SIG Forum has "Ammunition", AR-15 Board has "Ammunition", etc. These all provide a discussion area where the merits of various manufactured rounds are debated and the interest level is usually high. Many people have great interest in ammunition but do not reload. How about a place for us and them?

If you enjoyed reading about "A Suggestion.........." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!