Qualified for my CCW!

PDA

Moparmike
April 26, 2004, 03:35 AM
I took Hillbilly's CCW class, and qualified 10/10. Even though I had been reading about the awareness needed, witnessing the Tueler (sp?) Drill still opened my eyes. Too bad I missed under stress...:banghead: The legal part was pretty much a rehash of packing.org and THR. After reading THR for 10mos in L&P and reading the statute at least a dozen times, I can almost quote you the prohibited places. :eek: It also opened my eyes to just how unsafe I can be, even though friends think that I sometimes take safety "too far." :scrutiny:

The final qualification was an 8x11 paper @ 7yds. If it would have been a human sillouhette (sp?) , the "guy" would have no right lung to speak of. :D

I qualified with a 10mm EAA Witness. The 3 others in the class had:

Tokarev (I think) 9mm. (nice, didnt like the grip but low recoil and good accuracy. Guy handed it well.)
Baby Eagle .40 (nice gun, kinda snappy recoil)
Ruger P94 in .40 S&W. Didnt shoot it.

The guy with the Ruger had an old WWII 7.62x25mm pistol, that looked like a CZ. It was German, made in occupied Yugoslavia IIRC, and very pristene. Hillbilly can tell you more about it. It had a sweet trigger.

If you enjoyed reading about "Qualified for my CCW!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hillbilly
April 26, 2004, 10:36 AM
Moparmike is correct.

Out of four shooters, Moparmike was the only one to qualifiy on the first go round. He was also the only one to qualify with 10 for 10 shooting.

He had the least shooting experience of all three, and by far the most powerful handgun in the EAA Witness 10mm.

Everyone else (shooting a pair of .40s and a 9mm respectively) had to shoot at least twice to qualify.

Qualification in my course is 80% hits on a sheet of typing or computer printer paper from 7 yards.

The old CZ one student had was actually a 7.65 or .32 ACP made in Nazi occupied Prague and taken off the body of a dead German officer.

It was quite a quick in the rear end to get to fire that one. Had the original Berlin stamped black leather holster and everything.

Wow...shootable history.

Ed
April 26, 2004, 10:51 AM
Congrats,
Now the wait begins. Mine took like 2 1/2 months. It's kinda like CMP you check your mailbox everyday. Now just get your instructer to get his:D

BluesBear
April 26, 2004, 11:02 AM
Congratulations Mike!

hillbilly
April 26, 2004, 02:30 PM
Ed, paperwork is in the pipeline for mine.

hillbilly

Ed
April 26, 2004, 08:37 PM
I was just picking.:p

Moparmike
April 26, 2004, 09:42 PM
Well, I have to wait till July just to send the paperwork in. Kinda sucks.

Thanks for the shining praise hillbilly. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Qualified for my CCW!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!