Down-time this morning...

PDA

Derek Zeanah
April 26, 2004, 10:28 AM
...caused by hardware failure. I've swapped the bad part, but have to run off to a client site before I can finish configuring everything.

Sorry for the hassle. :(

If you enjoyed reading about "Down-time this morning..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Derek Zeanah
April 26, 2004, 11:22 AM
Replaced the power supply on the firewall. Back to normal.

sturmruger
April 26, 2004, 11:42 AM
Thanks Derek for getting the server back up and running.

pax
April 26, 2004, 12:09 PM
Thanks, Derek.

pax

atek3
April 26, 2004, 02:33 PM
i was using it at 3:30 am when it went down. Doh.

atek3

BigG
April 26, 2004, 02:38 PM
Thanks, Derek!

P95Carry
April 26, 2004, 10:06 PM
Thx as ever Derek .. in fact .. for some reason still some wierd gliches now and again ... instead of always gettin an error 404 .... browser tries to access the IP# ..... and then quits and window can stay empty ... other times it does produce a 404.

Don't think it's me .....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just ''back-buttoned'' this reply .. submit sent me straight to a 404 ... will try again ....

nope .. still problems ... another try ......

Hmm .. that's three times ........ now four .... .........

BryanP
April 26, 2004, 10:28 PM
Hi Derek. I see you're still working on problems this evening. I tried to visit a few minutes ago and got "access denied." A bit later I found myself looking at a default Debian / Apache page. Now things are back up. Good luck.

Frohickey
April 26, 2004, 10:33 PM
Are we allowed to thank Derek? I thought it was in the Information Technology Workers Union MOU that they are not to be thanked. ;)

Thanx Derek.

Balog
April 26, 2004, 10:42 PM
I've been getting an occasional "The connection was refused when attempting to contact www.thehighroad.org." message this evening.

BryanP
April 26, 2004, 10:50 PM
Are we allowed to thank Derek? I thought it was in the Information Technology Workers Union MOU that they are not to be thanked.

Hey, we can thank each other. :p

Treat your IT people right and they'll treat you right. One lady I know makes a habit of baking fresh cookies and dropping them off at the server room occasionally. We make sure ALL her stuff works properly. :D

Derek Zeanah
April 26, 2004, 11:18 PM
My fault. Planning upgrades whis week and created some interference while getting a new machine online. <sigh>

You ever get that feeling that you're just banging your head against the wall over, and over, and over, and over, and...

:uhoh:

tc300mag1
April 26, 2004, 11:28 PM
I get that Feeling Derek everyday i got to work

Frohickey
April 26, 2004, 11:36 PM
You ever get that feeling that you're just banging your head against the wall over, and over, and over, and over, and...

Yes. Of course. I'm a gun owner living in **********. :(

If you enjoyed reading about "Down-time this morning..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!