"I want my THR" Web problems with THR today

PDA

sturmruger
April 26, 2004, 11:38 AM
I don't know if anyone else was aware or not , but Derek just reported (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78912) that THR was down this morning. I think we must have been down twice because I had problems earlier this morning as well as just now.

I can't remember the last time THR was down, but I sure hope it doesn't happen again. I was scared to death, what was I going to do all day?? Then I started get thoughts like "maybe I am the only person that can't get on" That was a bad one, everyone else could spend the day on THR but I would be blocked out!! Many thanks to Derek for getting the hardware problems sorted out.

If you enjoyed reading about ""I want my THR" Web problems with THR today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BryanP
April 26, 2004, 12:50 PM
Why no. I wasn't checking it this morning before I went to work, and then again when I got to work, and then again when I took a break after checking the backups on all my servers, and then again after I finished checking the virus logs on all my servers.

Addicted? No, not me. :neener:

Diggler
April 26, 2004, 12:53 PM
I'm just glad that I made it through my first SHTF scenario!

:neener:

Ala Dan
April 26, 2004, 01:08 PM
Yep, I tried to log on from my "favorites file"; but I
couldn't connect. Glad to see its back up!

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

thefitzvh
April 26, 2004, 02:27 PM
I noticed it too...

I immediately unlocked all my weapons, tossing a rifle to my lady... she provided security while I placed claymores around the entrance to my place.

I pulled the MREs out of the shed, and after sealing all the entrances and windows with plastic bags and duct tape, sat down to a nice meal of "Frankfurters, beef. 4 ea"

Then, while boiling water... ya know, to make it safe for drinking... a familiar chime rang from the computer....

you've recieved a message from The High Road Mailer...

Whew... disaster narrowly averted...

now to remember where I hid those claymores..:uhoh:

James

mondocomputerman
April 26, 2004, 05:14 PM
I was worried that work finally found where all my time went and blocked it. I was happy when I finally was able to access it!

entropy
April 28, 2004, 01:04 AM
Freaked me out too, sturmruger! I tried about twenty times, then went back to www.russian-mosin-nagant.com (http://www.russian-mosin-nagant.com) , and hung out there for a while, then watched The History Channel for a while. Glad it's back up!;)

lee n. field
April 28, 2004, 10:32 AM
I wasn't worried.

At one point I tried to get in and got the default Apache home page, with a note that it was running on Debian Linux.

At that point I knew everything would be OK.:D

Derek Zeanah
April 28, 2004, 10:39 AM
I'm afraid I can't say it's over yet. :(

I'm in the process of switching some critical functions over to a new machine (well, new to me, even though it's a many-year-old Sun box. ;) ). Then we'll back up THR sometime this week (tomorrow? Friday? Weekend?), throw in new hard drives, install a new OS, restore from backup, change the network design a little bit, and try to bring the machine back up.

Then, once you think everything is groovy again, we're gonna screw it all up again with an upgrade to the newest version of vB.

It'll be a little rough, but we'll make it as painless as possible. :)

Diggler
April 28, 2004, 10:49 AM
Derek,

How 'bout doing it all during normal business hours so I can get some work done??

:D

If you enjoyed reading about ""I want my THR" Web problems with THR today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!