Old Stevens 56 trigger fix

PDA

Grayrock
February 8, 2003, 01:24 AM
I have an old .22 my dad gave me with a horrible trigger. Any suggestions to smoothing and/or lightening the trigger pull on it? I have a Dremel tool, but would not know where to start or what attachment to use. With its long barrel I use CB caps in it for backyard squirrels and it makes less noise than my old Benjamin model 310 pellet gun!

If you enjoyed reading about "Old Stevens 56 trigger fix" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Grayrock
January 29, 2006, 02:47 AM
OK-OK- I'll just settle on smoothing it. It is very gritty. I don't need it lighter- just smoother. And I promise I'll put the Dremel where a semi can break it in before I start:D Man- this IS an old thread- I just looked at my post date. WOW- almost 3 years old and NO ONE responded!:(

Grayrock
January 30, 2006, 01:13 AM
Well- I cleaned and buffed up the hook on the trigger and the groove on the bolt today. Did not seem to make any difference. I guess I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and take it to a smith.:(

If you enjoyed reading about "Old Stevens 56 trigger fix" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!