Where can I get one of these?

PDA

who me
February 8, 2003, 06:55 AM
Right click and "Save target as"
http://justin.ruin.org/COBRA.mpeg :what: :evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "Where can I get one of these?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
joeislove
February 8, 2003, 08:29 AM
OOOOOOHHHHH

Those damn Evil SUV's

vi9er
February 8, 2003, 11:18 AM
:what: HATCHI MATCHI!!!!! :what:
I have GOT to get me one of those!!
ed

clem
February 8, 2003, 01:08 PM
Oh, man! Pure sex! That would be great for us folks north of the DMZ, here in the SouthWest.

Sven
February 8, 2003, 01:39 PM
Heres more info:

http://www.ibistek.com/security_vehicle.html

Stabilized Weapon And Reconnaissance Mount: The SWARM is a self-contained, stabilized, weapon and sensor system that can be fitted to most types of military and civil vehicles, Naval and Coastgaurd vessels and fixed platforms, e.g. border control posts. SWARM accommodates a wide range of low to medium caliber weapons, as well as visual sensors. Since the SWARM has a totally remote operation capability, the operator can remain in a fully protected enclosure. Where available, the SWARM accepts inputs from sighting systems and gyroscopes and can be integrated with existing fire control systems and gyroscopes.

The remote control weapons station offers a wide range of options and standards that allow for a fully stabilized 12.7mm (0.5) machine gun to operate on single shot, burst fire, or continuous fire settings. It also has an indicator for the last round. The lightweight system is capable of a full 360 degree traverse and

seeker_two
February 8, 2003, 02:53 PM
Wonder if they make those for Nissan trucks...:evil:

HABU
February 8, 2003, 03:54 PM
I have GOT to get a high speed connection!:banghead:

armabill
February 8, 2003, 10:34 PM
And it's accurate too! Wonder how much it costs?

Gewehr98
February 8, 2003, 10:47 PM
Would make the road-ragers think twice, wouldn't it?

Wonder how that could be transported on U.S. highways legally, cased, locked, and with ammo stored separately from the gun? ;)

Schuey2002
February 8, 2003, 10:56 PM
I have GOT to get a high speed connection!
You can say that again. :banghead:

Mike Irwin
February 8, 2003, 10:59 PM
I've got a high speed connection, and it's still painfully slow...

MitchSchaft
February 9, 2003, 01:56 AM
http://www.gun-talk.com/ubb/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Erik Jensen
February 9, 2003, 02:49 AM
I wonder if that would fit in my car....

http://216.136.200.194/auction/Feb/2003286589746687240516.jpg :evil: :evil:

Kahr carrier
February 9, 2003, 04:49 AM
:what:

Riphalman
February 9, 2003, 05:00 AM
A very expensive, extremely delicate range toy. Do those windows deflect incoming fire, shielding the driver or gunner? How long do you think it might last under real combat conditions? All right now class......how many of you can tell me how to defeat this plaything pronto.

armabill
February 9, 2003, 11:17 AM
It is stored facing towards the front. If it ever went off in the stored position, there goes the windshield! I'm sure that they have some kind of no fail safety mechanism once it is lowered.

Wonder how the ammo is fed?

Go for the tires and battery. It won't be able to go or do anything.

Mike Irwin
February 9, 2003, 02:51 PM
"Go for the tires and battery. It won't be able to go or do anything."

If this vehicle is anything like many of the other specialized Suburbans out there, you're going to need a 20mm or heavier.

Some of these critters include:

Tires -- Foam filled run flats. You can put a hundred holes in them, and it's not going to do a thing.

Battery & engine -- The entire engine compartment is heavily armored, many of these have two alternators and as many as 6 batteries to accommodate the heavy electrical load. To ensure that someone doesn't just slip a bullet into the radiator, some of them have specially ducted multiple location radiators, not unlike old piston-driven fighter aircraft.

Windows -- Lexan or other similar materials to give them quite a bit of bullet resistance.

Body -- Many types of armor available for these critters, ranging from titanium pannels to kevlar/carbon fiber composits to good old hardened steel. Some of them even have blast pans on the floors to help occupant survivability in the event of a road mine.

Interior -- Top of the line ones have are positive pressure with special filtration systems, meaning that smoke and chemical agents can't get in. Some can be completely sealed from the outside and have their own oxygen generation system. I believe the Presidential limo has one of these systems.

No doubt about it. These things ain't your normal oil patch Suburban!

meathammer
February 9, 2003, 03:59 PM
THAT is cool! :D

50 Shooter
February 9, 2003, 05:00 PM
If you just have to have something better.

50 Shooter
February 9, 2003, 05:02 PM
Here's a shot of the business end.

Sisco
February 9, 2003, 05:05 PM
Not sure I could afford one, but I'd settle for a test drive.

gburner
February 9, 2003, 08:53 PM
potato in the tailpipe.:cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "Where can I get one of these?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!