Gov't Grants

PDA

illuminatus99
February 8, 2003, 09:12 AM
I've been trying to figure out how to get one to expand my business selling defensive products, I want to eventually get a street address and possibly get an FFL and start selling firearms. so far I've only come up with dead ends, where's the best place to find information on this sort of thing? most of my internet searches have come up with nothing but people who claim to have miracle grant writing techniques, for only $99.99!

If you enjoyed reading about "Gov't Grants" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hypnogator
February 8, 2003, 09:22 AM
Illuminatus,

Most of the information contained in those "$99 Specials" can be found with very little effort at your public library. That's where I would start looking. Find out who gives out grants for the type of thing you're looking for, and how to contact them. Then write to the agencies you find, and ask for grant writing guidelines. Most have specific things they want included in each application, or certain forms you must fill out. All will be happy to provide you with that information, for free.

It may also be possible to get copies of previous successful grant applications. If so, use those for guidelines on what and what not to put in your applications.

Finally, check with the Small Business Development Center at a nearby college. They may suggest sources for funding, courses you can take to learn about starting your own business, and even provide mentors to help you with your endeavors.

Best of luck in your new business. It's sure great to work for yourself. :D

waterdog
February 8, 2003, 11:16 AM
Go to your nearest university or college, their libraries are typically chock full of that type of info.

waterdog

10-Ring
February 8, 2003, 01:17 PM
The key to getting a grant is in the grant request writing itself. Do all your research from what you plan to do exactly w/ the money, figure out an exact budget (& be very detailed). Do a search of grant writers. My partner found one a couple years ago who was quite good, just a wee bit expensive.
Good luck...

Oh, there are reference books in the library w/ grant info...where to apply, etc.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gov't Grants" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!