Nice Job THR

PDA

Tinker
April 28, 2004, 10:21 PM
I'm new here, so I don't know who created the homepage with the topics, pics and content, but whoever you are, you did an outstanding job with you webpage here.

It is clean, appealing, tactful and factual. To tell the truth, at my first glance at the opening page I thought this was some artsy-fartsy anti sight. That is till I read the content and forum. The young ladie's face is a nice touch.

Well, anyway, I just wanted to tell you you got it going on. Not trying to suck up. Just give credit where it's due. I will pass on your URL when needed.

-Tinker

If you enjoyed reading about "Nice Job THR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mal H
April 28, 2004, 11:02 PM
Pics? Young lady??

Am I missing something here? What is the URL you're talking about?

duckfoot
April 28, 2004, 11:11 PM
:scrutiny:

TheOtherOne
April 28, 2004, 11:24 PM
My guess is this is the site being referred to:

http://www.a-human-right.com/introduction.html

Oleg Volk
April 29, 2004, 01:32 AM
Thank you. That site lists THR in its navigation bar, hence the confusion.

Tinker
April 29, 2004, 09:45 AM
The Other One,

That's it.

Oleg,

With that pic and the other posters with women maybe a few "soccer moms" might wander in and learn something. Maybe even lurk the forums.

Don't get me wrong.....I've got nothing against copius amounts of pics of "armed hotties in bikinis", but the page isn't scary to 2A fence straddler IMO. Good work.

clipse
April 29, 2004, 09:56 AM
Yeah that sight is one that my (fenced) wife and I have been to many times. It has helped a great deal. I have the Dodo poster on my fridge cause my wife liked it so much. :D

Oleg,
Thanks for that site.

clipse

sturmruger
April 29, 2004, 10:04 AM
Welcome to THR Tinker!

Tinker
April 29, 2004, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the welcome, Sturmruger.

I assumed that that site and this BB were by the same folks because that site's "my forum" link brings you here. That's how I got here. Stayed when I saw you had a bunch of firearms forums. With a black powder forum to boot.

I like my centerfires, but I love 'tinker'ing with my muzzleloaders. :)

lostdog
April 29, 2004, 12:48 PM
welcome to the hotel kalifonia...you may logg off all you want, but you will never truly leave:neener:

mondocomputerman
April 29, 2004, 01:10 PM
Thanks Oleg! I found this forum from a link from a-human-right website. Thank you Oleg :)

eyz
April 29, 2004, 01:28 PM
well said tinker, this is the best site

Shanghai McCoy
April 29, 2004, 07:03 PM
Welcme Tinker.Always good to get another muzzleloader here.See ya on the Blackpowder forum.

Penman
April 29, 2004, 07:12 PM
Welcome, Tinker. Glad to have you here! Start to stock up on ammo and beverages, we're all coming over to have a cookout in your back yard.

4v50 Gary
April 29, 2004, 10:54 PM
Welcome Tinker and drop into our blackpowder forum. You may want to read the thread entitled Bedtime Stories or Sharpshooter Tales. It's got plenty of historical anecdotes from the blackpowder era.

BTW, I'm leaving guys for Oregon tomorrow for the Oregon Gun Builders' Fair. Won't be back until late Sunday night.

Tinker
April 30, 2004, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the welcomes.

Pennman,

You can come if you shoot single shots (preferrably muzzleloaders) and eat like a bird. :)

McCoy,

Will do.

If you enjoyed reading about "Nice Job THR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!