Mixing once fired brass with 2+ fired?

PDA

No4Mk1*
February 8, 2003, 10:33 AM
I have accumulated a good portion of once fired brass in 9x19 for possible future reloading or to sell and I have recently started shooting GA Arms reloaded ammo. My question is should I keep the once fired brass seperate from the GA arms which is of course fired at least twice?

If you enjoyed reading about "Mixing once fired brass with 2+ fired?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mike Irwin
February 8, 2003, 11:11 AM
Makes absolutely no difference.

All of my brass is dumped into large communal buckets. Some of the .38 Spl. brass has as many as 40 reloadings on it, while some in the bucket has as few as 1 or 2.

Flash Hole
February 8, 2003, 11:15 AM
You should see what I pick up at the range.
It all works.

JOHN

Fatelvis
February 8, 2003, 11:57 AM
The only time I would be concerned with doing this is when reloading for semi-auto rifles, such as the M1A, that is rough on the brass, and should only be reloaded 3-4 times. Also when neck sizing rifle ctrgs, the "newer" brass might not fit the chamber as tightly, as cases that have been fired/necksized a few times. Good shootin-

Standing Wolf
February 8, 2003, 09:57 PM
If I were still shooting competitively, I'd still be mighty particular about cartridge case lots; I'm not, however, sure it would make a discernible difference.

antsi
February 8, 2003, 10:07 PM
For rifle and competition, I sort by manufacturer and # of firings.

For pistol range ammo, I just dump 'em all together.

Waitone
February 9, 2003, 10:08 AM
I may go overboard on inspection of brass but for me once fire vs 2+ fire makes no difference.

I inspect brass when I pick it up, either mine or a vagrant. I inspect it when it comes out of the tumbler. I inspect it when it comes out of the reloader. I just don't feel right about shooting a reload without having inspected it.

No4Mk1*
February 9, 2003, 03:14 PM
Thanks guys. You have simplified my storing of brass. I still doubt I will ever reload 9x19 but who knows. I do hope to load other calibers like .303 some day.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mixing once fired brass with 2+ fired?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!