Swords

PDA

Lord Soth
February 8, 2003, 01:46 PM
What is you favorite modern day sword maker? I'd have to say mine is Angus Trim. Man I sure like his work.

If you enjoyed reading about "Swords" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jar
February 8, 2003, 01:52 PM
Love the stuff David Brodziak is doing.

Davids swords and daggers (http://www.omninet.net.au/~brodziak/gallery/BrowseFrameFantasy.htm)

I really love this Dagger.
http://www.omninet.net.au/~brodziak/collectors/collectorsimages/c1-2a.jpg

Soap
February 8, 2003, 02:40 PM
I really like Atrims. But for the higher end stuff I like Al Massey, Kevin Cashen, and Howard Clark stuff.

Tamara
February 8, 2003, 10:59 PM
Why buy fake swords when there are usually a couple of real swords for sale in my sigline? ;)

(There's a Prussian infantry officer's sword and a beautiful Saxon officer's karabela-type saber [both with sword knots] for sale there now... :cool: )

Bruz
February 9, 2003, 02:09 AM
I really love this Dagger.

Perdy, a work of art...are they for sale? I did not see any prices?

Beorn
February 9, 2003, 02:23 AM
Never underestimate a basket-hilted broadsword.

And I love Randall made knives.

For those of you in Florida, you should know them. Their knives went on Apollo missions. They could cut the skin of a Huey helicopter. And STILL SLICE A TOMATO!

Well, they're beautiful at any rate.

jar
February 9, 2003, 10:51 AM
Bruz

Most stuff on David's site are things done in the past. Drop him a line. His prices are reasonable and his service is great. I have several of his knives and I've never been dissappointed.

Joe Demko
February 9, 2003, 02:36 PM
Mineral Mountain Hatchet Works. I have one of their kindjahls and find it to be an utterly excellent piece. If one is going to own a sword, one might as well go with the sword (or a varian thereof) used by one's ancestors. My folks came from kindjahl (also rendered in English as kinzhal) country. I hope to own a good vintage one someday. The present production stuff from "over there" that I have seen is tourist junk, as are the Indian-made ones that Atlanta Cutlery offers from time to time. I guess after the AK became the "traditonal ethnic weapon" in the area, production of good quality kinzhals became less than a priority.

Lone Star
February 11, 2003, 11:08 AM
Look here, not that I can afford their stuff. But they know what they're doing, and have been doing since the 18th Century:

www.wilkinsonsword.com

Enjoy!

Lone Star

Wilhelm
February 11, 2003, 11:28 AM
Patric Girodani. He just got done with his PHD so he can get back to making my stuff!!!!!!!!

Wilhelm

If you enjoyed reading about "Swords" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!