"America's First Freedom"....

PDA

grampster
February 8, 2003, 03:19 PM
Has a very good article this month about a terminally ill young man's opportunity to go on a hunt of a lifetime with his family. The organization involved is called Hunt of a Lifetime and its purpose is to allow terminally ill or seriously ill kids to be able to experience the joys of hunting on a guided trip in the wilderness.

They have website, www.huntofalifetime.org, that will bring all of you up to speed about this organization.

I believe it seems to be an organization that is worthy of the support of the good folk who inhabit our THR world. Gives us a way to make our bite bigger than our bark.

Grampster

If you enjoyed reading about ""America's First Freedom"...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HABU
February 8, 2003, 04:05 PM
Sounds like a worthy cause.

I am reminded of the Make A Wish Program that granted a hunting trip to a sick kid a couple years ago. IIRC, he wanted to kill a grizzly bear. The liberals raised a ruccus over that one! He got to go anyway though! :neener:

Jason Demond
February 8, 2003, 08:38 PM
Make A Wish will NOT sponsor hunts anymore.

muddyboots
February 9, 2003, 01:21 PM
I used to make an annual contribution to Make A Wish until they announced they would no longer sponsor hunting. I wrote them a nastygram letting them know they weren't getting anymore of my money and I told them why. Naturally, they didn't reply.

If you enjoyed reading about ""America's First Freedom"...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!