Editing thread titles?

PDA

voilsb
May 4, 2004, 03:19 AM
I put up an item in the Trading Post, and it sold. I then edited the post to reflect that it had been sold, but was unable to edit the title to reflect this change in status. I tried to, but it only edited the title associated with the first post in the thread, rather than the whole thread's title.

Is it possible to edit thread titles? If it is, this would let sellers edit their titles to refelct sold items, so people can see "Oh, that item's sold, so I don't need to check that thread."

If you enjoyed reading about "Editing thread titles?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mal H
May 4, 2004, 09:35 AM
You are allowed to edit the thread title for a short period after it is created - I think it's around 1/2 hour. After that, title editing isn't allowed t ensure thread integrity as it gathers responses. I agree that editing thread titles in the buy/sell/trade forums could be useful for the reason you mentioned, but it hasn't been a major problem to this point. If you would like to have a title changed, PM any moderator. They will usually do so if the change is reasonable.

voilsb
May 4, 2004, 02:57 PM
Thanks. I also noticed I can't edit posts after 6 hours, so I have to post a reply to update the sale.

Mal H
May 4, 2004, 04:19 PM
You should be able to edit a post for 4 days. Try again and report back here with the results. If you can't edit a post after only 6 hours, there is a bug somewhere.

I checked the exact time allowed for editing thread titles and it is actually 1 hour.

Derek Zeanah
May 4, 2004, 04:37 PM
Unless we're talking about forsale forums, in which case we run the risk that someone posts a FS, makes a deal, gets the money, then edits the terms of the deal...

I believe FS forums are limited to followups only for this reason.

Mal H
May 4, 2004, 05:23 PM
Ah, yes, I believe you're right. The forsale forums are a special case. Ignore what I said about the 4 day time limit.

voilsb
May 4, 2004, 05:40 PM
Gotcha. I guess I'm too much of a nice guy; I'd never even thought of the possibility of editing the terms of the sale. I just like to keep the inventory up-to-date :)

No problem. Makes sense, and I can deal with it pretty easy.

If you enjoyed reading about "Editing thread titles?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!