I got my NRA Card today :)

PDA

Billy the Kid
May 4, 2004, 08:52 AM
YAAAY! :)

If you enjoyed reading about "I got my NRA Card today :)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ben Shepherd
May 4, 2004, 09:42 AM
Good! Now just stay active, don't get frustrated with all the mail, and don't listen to those that say the NRA is weak.

It gets tough at times, but keep at it.

BTW: I'm also a member of GOA, CCRKBA, SAF, and JPFO. Also join at least one local org.

If you can afford it I reccomend joining them all. If not, at least sign up for e-mail alerts.

AND REMEMBER TO VOTE IN NOVEMBER.

Billy the Kid
May 4, 2004, 09:49 AM
Voting for Kerry in November ;) bwahahah

GigaBuist
May 4, 2004, 10:11 AM
Voting for Kerry in November bwahahah

You're joking right? The one that votes along the lines of Schumer, Feinstein, and Ted Kennedy? That John Kerry?

Billy the Kid
May 4, 2004, 10:22 AM
yeah the one who did service in Vietnam, the one who is endorsed by McCain another Nam vet, the one who has to undo all the damage Bush has done. That one.

FPrice
May 4, 2004, 10:37 AM
"yeah the one who did service in Vietnam"

The fact that a person served in a combat zone in a particular war or not does not repeat NOT indicate any competance to serve as the commander-in-chief. Heck, his record as a senator from the People's Commonwealth is not all that impressive.

I have known quite a few VietNam vets and a lot of non-VietNam vets and I can guarantee you one thing. Their service or lack thereof in that quaint foreign land is no indicator of their ability to go on to greater things.

Billy the Kid
May 4, 2004, 10:43 AM
Then i wonder why it was of such importance when CLinton was running against Bush 1 and Dull i mean Dole? I know military experiences is NOT needed, hell lookit Bush 2, man never set foot in a war zone, barely even made it to the watches he DID go to.

Im not 100% nuts abou Kerry to be honest. But a 3 year old could do a better job than Bush is doing. thats why im voting Kerry. plus ive always been a Democrat, i work for the Union for gods sake. We just endorsed the guy. I believe in workers rights, a better environment and controlling big business and keeping tabs on big business.. Bush isnt a bad man, his ideals are simply differnt.. he care less for workers rights, middle class people and the environment and more for corporate rights, CEOs and tax cuts to the wealthiest americans. I blame Clinton for NAFTA too before you ask, but at least he wasnt into Corporate welfare.

AimHigh
May 4, 2004, 10:54 AM
I'm in the union, too, but I can think for myself . The idea that democraps are for the working man is a joke. You must be young and ignorant of the real facts. If demorats are for the working man you and others are really really really easily fooled.

Q: Which party took Social Security from an independent fund and put it in the general fund so that Congress could spend it?
A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the Democratic-controlled House and Senate.

Q: Which party put a tax on Social Security?
A: The Democratic party.

Q: Which party increased the tax on Social Security?
A: The Democratic Party with Al Gore casting the deciding vote.

Q. Which party decided to give money to immigrants?
A: That's right, immigrants moved into this country at 65 and got SSI Social Security. The Democratic Party gave that to them although they never paid a dime into it Then, after doing all this, the Democrats turn around and tell you the Republicans want to take your Social Security. And the worst part about it is, you believe it!

I am quite amazed, though, by the people who continually vote for Democrats, thinking that Democrats HELP them. Tax increase after tax increase (we now pay over 55% of our income to a combination of different taxes) are hurting the average person. I recently contacted my Senator's office and was asked,"why do you want a tax cut anyway? It's only about 300 dollars!" by an office person. Needless to say, it isn't $300 but rather $600 for a married couple. What a rediculous response. And, yes, the rich do get money back too, but they pay a huge percentage of taxes in this country anyway. I am not into class warfare. That, unfortunately, is what the Democrats want - middle class people to hate and be jealous of the rich.

Ben Shepherd
May 4, 2004, 10:59 AM
Billy, glad you stand for what you believe, even if I don't agree.

But what should concern you is his major flip-flopping that is a matter of public record. If you really agree with his platform, are you sure he will stick to his guns when it gets a little rough politically?

Stebalo
May 4, 2004, 11:09 AM
I just got my JPFO card last weekend. (gentile member here!)

Next is either NRA or GOA.

My only hesitation is that my elderly landlord here in PRNJ receives and sorts our mail (2 family house). I am reluctant to start getting mail labeled "NRA" or "gun owners". They are good people, very old, and I don't want to push the issue. I'm trying to buy a house and will probably be moving by early fall.

Question: is any part of the lifetime membership dues for any of the above organizations deductible? I was thinking, once I have a house and am itemizing, that might be a good time to spread some deductable money about.

TimRB
May 4, 2004, 11:09 AM
Don't feed the trolls.

Tim

Billy the Kid
May 4, 2004, 11:46 AM
Billy, glad you stand for what you believe, even if I don't agree.

But what should concern you is his major flip-flopping that is a matter of public record. If you really agree with his platform, are you sure he will stick to his guns when it gets a little rough politically?

Everybody flip flops is what i have come to figure out.. for example Bush flip flopped when he said he wasnt going to nation build like clinton was if he was the president, 200 billion dollars and 500 lives later...?

You cant really hold Kerrys record from 10 years ago to today with such scrutiny i think, i mean 10 years ago was a differnt time, a differnt war, a differnt era...

Kerry went along with the Invasion of Iraq as almost everyone did, Bush has support form EVERYONE after 9/11, then it turns out there was no WMDs, then Bush asked for 80 Billion more... and everyone started saying no, kerry included.. this counts as a flip flop? We went in with the promise wed be greeted as heros, we went in with the intention of finding Nuclear and Bio weapons which Bush was 100% certain were there.. they werent.. we all got duped.

Then Bushs approval rating went from something in the 70s to 49% where it is today... he is KILLING our country we need tog et rid of him.. not only does he give tax cuts, but he gives HUGE tax cuts and SPENDS spends spends...he refuses to raise taxes becaus ehes "not about that" whats that means though is everything gets underfunded... did you know there are LESS policeand firefighters today than there was a week after 9/11? Its true i WISH i was making this stuff up... Bush keeps saying Kerry voted against supplies for the soldiers/ Hogwash, most of the 80 billion dollars went to paying off War Lords in Afghanistan from attacking each other. While at the same time BUSH CUT VETERANS BENEFITS!

I can go on and on like this for hours beleive me. This guy has GOT to go.. hell i wouldnt even mind if a REAL conservative was in office ya now someone who uhh conserves... as in doesnt spend while wracking up a defecit he cant pay off..

Im not a diehard Kerry fan personally... but hes the best choice out there. Thats for certain. I dont chip into all the Bus ads and righty propaganda they keep spewing about him being a flopper... if Bush wans to paint himself as a war president he should at least have visited iraq more than once or twice.. the soldiers should mean more than just a good photo op, he can start be restoring veterans benefits, and apologizing to France and Germany and getting some UN troop relief so we dont have to keep extending our troops duties in Iraq. By the way the Draft Board was recently reopend per Bush, its been closed since Vietnam FYI.. i wonder what he intends to do next.

Billy the Kid
May 4, 2004, 11:48 AM
AimHigh

i read about 1 sentence of your post, then the sig you have in your sig line and deduced youre not worth listening to, furthermore i reported your post as an inflammatory remark and flame to the moderators. In the future do us all a favor and do not reply to my posts. I have nothing to gain from speaking to a person of the likes of you. Good day.

Mal H
May 4, 2004, 11:59 AM
Well this quickly changed from an "NRA card" thread to one going up in political and personal flames. I'll use the old closing extinquisher on it before anyone adds any more fuel to the fire.

If you enjoyed reading about "I got my NRA Card today :)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!