Bersa .380 problem

PDA

ninjalawyer
May 4, 2004, 03:38 PM
After over a year of proper function, my fiance's Bersa Model 85 has developed a hell of a nasty kick. I tried replacing the recoil spring with a new one from the factory, but that doesn't seem to have helped. The gun was quite soft-shooting before, but now it throws itself straight back into the web of her hand with every shot. Any ideas what might be causing this or who I should send it to?

If you enjoyed reading about "Bersa .380 problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jim K
May 6, 2004, 11:53 PM
I can't think of anything else except the ammunition. Has she changed to a hotter ammo? There is quite a range of .380 ammo out there, some of it pretty hot.

Jim

ninjalawyer
May 7, 2004, 09:38 AM
Nope, I tried a couple different kinds, including WWB, which is supposed to be relatively mild. Someone suggested that something could be snagging, but I can't see any rough surfaces. I think I'm ready to give up a try to find a 'smith, but there's no one in New England who will look at it... Are there any 'smiths out there specializing in blowback handguns?

If you enjoyed reading about "Bersa .380 problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!