TAPCO $30 Collapsible Stock for AR -- Any Good?

PDA

ninjalawyer
May 4, 2004, 05:15 PM
I'm currently shopping around for post AWB uppgrades for my Bushmaster M4gery and noticed that TAPCO is selling a Collapsible Butt Stock for the AR-15 (http://www.tapco.com/product_information.asp?number=STK090101&back=yes&dept=197&last=21) for $30 (currently backordered to the end of the month). This is about a third of the going rate from what I've seen, so the question is, what's the catch? Anyone know?

If you enjoyed reading about "TAPCO $30 Collapsible Stock for AR -- Any Good?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
May 5, 2004, 02:09 PM
I have never seen or used that particular stock, but I own a number of different collapsable AR15 stocks. The last rifle I put together was an M4 Clone. I wanted to go all out on it, so I bought the stock that is currently issued by the military on the M4 carbine. I paid through the nose for it because I wanted the real deal. It was a huge disappointment. I can't tell the difference between it, and any one of the far cheaper knockoffs I have owned in the past. It rattles just like the others.
Moral to the story: I wouldn't pay big bucks for a collapsable stock again. I would be more than willing to risk $30 on the stock you mention. I bet it is the same thing as the ones costing five times as much.

If you enjoyed reading about "TAPCO $30 Collapsible Stock for AR -- Any Good?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!