Database Error

PDA

Jason Demond
May 4, 2004, 06:17 PM
Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /usr/local/www/data-dist/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

Is this the forum, or me?:uhoh:

FWIW, I got a lot of them in Handguns: General Discussion.

If you enjoyed reading about "Database Error" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Derek Zeanah
May 4, 2004, 07:11 PM
We had a few issues with this today: non-geeky explanation:

1) The file that tells the database how we want it tuned wasn't being read, because for some reason this installation doesn't want to read it from the correct place. Go figure.
2) We're considered a large board, and the default database settings weren't up to it, so eventually we'd run out of resources and the database would ask to be restarted.
3) We worked on finding the right place for the configuration file, as the documented places were apparently wrong.
4) I restarted the server about 6 times in the process, which lead to this error.

Sorry about all that. If I'm really good, then it won't happen again. Most likely, we'll see a bit more oddness for the rest of the week, as we get everything settled.

Jason Demond
May 5, 2004, 06:14 PM
Thanks for all your work Derek, I don't know if we tell you guy that enough!:)

1911WB
May 5, 2004, 07:13 PM
What Jason said! Thanks to all for the hard work. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Database Error" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!