New here....

PDA

M60
February 8, 2003, 08:39 PM
I do know some of the people on this board. Went shooting with them just today. Just thought I'd drop in and say "hi".

I look forward to being entertained and informed!!:)

If you enjoyed reading about "New here...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
chaim
February 8, 2003, 08:41 PM
Welcome. This is a great board, take off your coat and stay awhile.

P95Carry
February 8, 2003, 08:53 PM
Welcome M60 ... great selection of people here and always a chance to learn something new.

El Tejon
February 8, 2003, 09:02 PM
Hi, M60. A friend of theirs is a friend of ours.:)

Baba Louie
February 8, 2003, 09:40 PM
Greetings em six zero

love the moniker. with a name like that are we gonna expect your posts in controlled burst, single shot or do you let the whole belt go at one long roar? :D

It's good to have friends to shoot with, neh?

Enjoy your stay.

Adios

El Tejon
February 8, 2003, 09:44 PM
Baba, how do you get controlled bursts from a revolver?:D

HABU
February 8, 2003, 10:15 PM
Welcome M60!
How did it come to be known as "the pig"?

Baba Louie
February 8, 2003, 10:48 PM
Oops.

Guess I was thinking of another M60, maybe that would be "M-60" em dash six zero.

If in fact I was wruoung, I hereby offer full and apologetic sounds. I never thunk of a smallish revolver. Thinking "Guns Up".

Anyway, M60 (uh, which are you, belt fed or holster kept?):D

Adios

M60
February 8, 2003, 11:43 PM
And yes, I know why its called the "pig"and every time I go to a fun show and see one I say to myself, "Damn I cant belive I hummped that damn thing around!!" Although, Most of my shooting was done with a Delta model '60 from a "hawk".

U.S. Army. '88-'92 1st AD Most of the time.

:D

dude
February 9, 2003, 12:13 AM
..........we are still waiting for him to bring a 60 to the dump

Carlos
February 9, 2003, 12:15 AM
Ah, there you are.

Great shoot today in the beautiful state of Oregon. Look forward to the next shootout.

I'm good for a rifle shoot every weekend, so do keep in touch.

You'll have to come down to the indoor range on Wednesdays with the boys as well.

PM me, and I'll give you directions to the place. We meet up at 7:45 pm and shoot til 9:30 or 10:00.

Chow M60.

Carlos

Carlos
February 9, 2003, 12:20 AM
Dude, looks like you didn't hit the snow on the way back. Good.

Perhaps we'll see you on Wednesday. Need to get the 550 busy before Wednesday.

dude
February 9, 2003, 12:25 AM
.....no snow, lots of ice............but it was that closed gate 7 miles before Timothy Lake that really (really) slowed me down!! I went BACK by the dump about an hour later.

oh well

I missed the 1/2 pipe finals up at Mt Batchalor

oh well

A stunning view of the sunset over the Cascades though

off to chase natives downtown at the pub(s)

be well

Carlos
February 9, 2003, 12:32 AM
Doh, you had to take the scenic route.

This one has to bed down, so he can go to work tomorrow. :(

That sucks on a Saturday night!!!

Chow Baby!! :)

10-Ring
February 9, 2003, 03:03 AM
Welcome! ;) C Ya on the boards!

coonan357
February 9, 2003, 03:07 AM
hey El tej , hats one heck of a revolver tif its belt fed !!!! :what: :what: :D

opps wheres my manners Welcome Mr 60!:rolleyes:

Kahr carrier
February 9, 2003, 04:47 AM
Welcome to THR.:D

Lars
February 11, 2003, 07:05 PM
It's good seeing ya here.:D

Carlos
February 11, 2003, 07:36 PM
I'd like to shoot this weekend. Let's keep in touch and go. Looks like the weather is good Saturday. BTW, I really like those Targets stands, Lars. Oh, and the dump has been remodeled a bit. :)

I'll probably go tomorrow to JCGC.

M60
February 11, 2003, 09:01 PM
You guys ( you know who you are) should go to that site and check out the thread I started on the "you know what"!

What a hijack!!

they don't know when to quit.

blades67
February 11, 2003, 09:19 PM
Welcome to the boards.

4thHorseman
February 11, 2003, 09:24 PM
Welcome:)

Carlos
February 11, 2003, 09:27 PM
Tell me about it sometime. I'm really trying to resist the temptation to view it, especially since I don't go there anymore.

This board is much more civilized.

Based upon the past, it seems that threats against people's health, outright libel and slander, and outrageous lies are OK with the management over you know where. What a bunch of morons. Those clowns don't have the balls to show up at one of our shoots again. If one or more of them does, you'll see PURE ACTION from me. I can't stand snake-in-the-grass people like that. That's our turf, plain and simple, and I'm the Enforcer. :)

Anyway, you up for a shoot tomorrow evening, and this weekend?

I'm going to make it SKS day this time. Going to shoot the old M44 too.

CA

M60
February 11, 2003, 11:43 PM
Where At? I'm over here on the west side so I probably can't make it in the evenings if its on the East side. Weekends are a Absolute maybe!

Carlos
February 12, 2003, 12:06 AM
M60:

One of the gang comes from the west side (Hillsboro) to my place on the northeast side in about 20-30 minutes - if the I5 Gods are willing. It's 8-12 minutes up Banfield/I205 from here.

The indoor range is in the pre-Clackamas area, right off I205. You could come the back way. Shouldn't be much of a hassle around 7:00 p.m. We usually meet up around 7:45. The cardlock locks the building down at 8:00 p.m. and we usually keep an eye out if we know someone is coming. You're allowed to shoot until 10:00 p.m., and we usually end up owning the place from 8-10. Most times, I'm good for about an hour of shooting, before it gets to be my bedtime. 5:45 comes early.

I think Saturday is going to be the best weather. Let's get some guys together and go to The Dump. I'm aching to get up to the hills again.

dude
February 12, 2003, 12:08 AM
I witnessed the hi-jack carnage.....along with the lies, slander and the usual out of context refrences. I started to get slightly POed........... realized it was not worth it and deleted any and all contacts/links with the place.

M60- you should PM swhebo and link him over here to get away from that riff-raff

weekend sounds good, perhaps y'all can make it here out east

Carlos
February 12, 2003, 12:16 AM
I'd like to get out East, but I have to do a little work at the office, again.

Bossman is a pain in the *** - you know, the logistically challenged one? Wow, the guy never ceases to amaze me. :(

I'll be good for the dump this weekend, but would really like to get over the mountain again to visit, longer than just a shoot. I'm talking BBQ baby. :) ... sleeping out on back deck in 28 deg weather again, etc., watching a war movie or something, then heading home in the a.m.

CA out.

alfajim
March 2, 2003, 12:06 AM
Dude what ever happend to the shoot weekend you were going to setup in your neck of the woods?

Carlos
March 2, 2003, 12:10 AM
Talked with Dude tonight on phone. We should drive on up there soonest. He'd be game for a good shoot, I imagine.

Zip06
March 5, 2003, 05:14 PM
M-60 - Glad you migrated over.

M60
March 6, 2003, 12:49 AM
Its good to be here

:)

If you enjoyed reading about "New here...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!