S&W TRR8 Unfluted Cylinder Question

PDA

Sks39
April 10, 2016, 04:56 PM
Do any of you know if they offer the S&W TRR8 with an unfluted cylinder? Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W TRR8 Unfluted Cylinder Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Cooldill
April 10, 2016, 11:59 PM
No, they don't. Why would you want one anyway?

gbran
April 12, 2016, 01:02 AM
It's a Performance Center N frame, you should be able to special order I'd think. There are other N frame 8 round smooth cyls. I have the 627PC with one.

gotboostvr
April 12, 2016, 11:25 AM
The TRR8 is an alloy frame? Why do you want to make it heavier?

Sks39
April 12, 2016, 08:07 PM
I love the look of the smooth cylinder. I wont be carrying it so weight wont matter much.

gotboostvr
April 12, 2016, 09:32 PM
Fair enough. Just curious.

Best place to start would be to call S&W themselves.

If you're lucky, they'll have the part in stock.

If not, numerich or midway might have one.
Should be about $175 at the most if I remember right.

Either way, if they do have it or you have to source it yourself it still needs fitted. That requires a trip to S&W, might as well have a trigger job done at the same time. Have them do a master action tune on it and have a very nice custom revolver with an intact factory warranty.

Not that I've put any thought into a similar project before...

Sks39
April 13, 2016, 04:51 PM
Yes I think Im going to do that. Im getting excited already lol. Thanks for the input. Sorry for the big letters? My phone isnt cooperating.

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W TRR8 Unfluted Cylinder Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!