Suggestion to the Moderators...

PDA

Werewolf
May 5, 2004, 05:45 PM
This morning I posted to the General Discussion a report of a phone conversation I had earlier this morning. It was gun related, showed clearly that the defense of one's self, family and property was a personal responsibility and as noted by the 4 folks who got to respond before a moderator axed it very funny.

OKAY - a moderator (I won't mention his name) axed a thread of mine. I won't lie and say I'm happy about it because I am not. BUT THR is a private forum so the owners can pretty much do what they want with it and we either like it or find some other place to hang out on the internet.

That doesn't however mean I have to remain silent about it. I don't stay silent on RKBA here or anywhere else and I will not remain silent now.

Now that I've got that off my chest I suggest that the power the moderators wield and exercise unilaterally is the same type of power that is often railed against here when it is exercised by the government in regard to RKBA.

So I would propose to the management that since each forum has at least 4 unique moderators that before a thread is completely deleted that it be locked down and that 3 of the 4 moderators should agree that it should go. Once that agreement is reached the reasons for the deletion should be PM'd to those whose content were cause for deletion. If the moderators don't agree then the thread should be unlocked.

If you enjoyed reading about "Suggestion to the Moderators..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Waitone
May 5, 2004, 05:50 PM
I call it inconsistency in standards from moderator to moderator.

Frustrating but understandable.

twoblink
May 5, 2004, 05:54 PM
I am not a fan of threads being deleted. Locked is ok, when they post the reason it's locked.. That prevents "repeats" of same causes..

But when a thread "disappears", it's bound to reappear again, and so I find deleting to be counterproductive.

Different standards for different mods, that's life. No set rules. But after a while, you get to know the forum and what each mod will / will not tolerate..

Preacherman
May 5, 2004, 05:54 PM
The mods have to make the best calls they can under often time-pressured circumstances. There were questionable aspects about that thread, to be sure, and although I didn't delete it, I won't second-guess the moderator who did.

Also, please don't post threads querying moderator judgements: rather contact the moderator(s) directly via PM or e-mail.

Closed.

If you enjoyed reading about "Suggestion to the Moderators..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!