Man survives 6 nails shot in head

PDA

LiquidTension
May 5, 2004, 05:34 PM
WOW - this guy has the Dark One's own luck...

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38355

Check out the xray :what:

If you enjoyed reading about "Man survives 6 nails shot in head" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
vi9er
May 5, 2004, 05:39 PM
THATS gonna leave a mark.

(or 6)

Ed

PaladinVC
May 5, 2004, 05:58 PM
He's got a lot of fillings, too.

Whew! That's a rough day!

Kaxter
May 5, 2004, 06:02 PM
How do you "accidentaly" shoot yourself six times with a nailgun...in the BACK of your head???

R.H. Lee
May 5, 2004, 06:13 PM
That could not have happened in California. We have DOSH (http://www.dir.ca.gov/dosh/dosh1.html):neener:

Chupacabra
May 5, 2004, 06:14 PM
I'm willing to bet $$$ that he and his worker buddies were screwing around with said nailgun and not practicing the four rules.

Isidro Mejia, 39, of Lancaster, Calif., slipped and fell while working April 19, triggering the gun which was said to be in automatic, rather than manual mode.
Suuuuuurrrre. :rolleyes:

warrior23
May 5, 2004, 06:15 PM
Really.. how the hell do ya shoot ya self 6 times in the back of your head?

Kevlarman
May 5, 2004, 06:23 PM
Wow, he's from my hometown!

RED-DOG 40
May 5, 2004, 06:54 PM
....gun which was said to be in automatic,"

...One of those evil assult weapons no dought...:what: ,in Californy...:uhoh:

:D

Autolite
May 5, 2004, 07:33 PM
Now I suppose that nail guns will be banned from your carry-on luggage at the airport. Someone will want the development of 'smart hammers' and you'll need a permit to purchase anything bigger than a thumb tack ...

RED-DOG 40
May 5, 2004, 07:59 PM
....".One of those evil assult weapons no dought... ,in Californy"...

..:what: ..Dought ?..:uhoh: ..How about ( doubt) :o
..Started to sound like Homer ....:D

4v50 Gary
May 5, 2004, 08:04 PM
I hope his noodles aren't scrambled. I guess nail gun makers must engrave on the casing the four rules of firearms safety.

Quartus
May 5, 2004, 08:14 PM
Okay, so how is this gun related? Other than it being a nail gun, I mean.

Well, this just MIGHT help some folks to realize:

[list=1]
Head shots are not a 100% sure instant kill.

Strange things happen in the real wolrd, and a head shot is not a 100% sure kill.

Did I mention that a head shot is not a 100% sure kill? Oh, well then it shouldn't be too hard to figure out that a COM shot isn't, either.
[/list=1]

Shoot until the threat is gone.

Use enough gun.

And ammo.

And don't bet your life on, "Oh, THAT could never happen!"

And don't bet your life on, "Oh, that ALWAYS works!"

Psssniper
May 5, 2004, 08:26 PM
either he has a small head
or
those are bigger than normal nails
or
its a faked pic

Quartus
May 5, 2004, 08:32 PM
So, how big are "normal" nails? 20 penney? 50 penny?

<sigh>

It's not already within my experience, so it isn't real.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616), "Hamlet", Act 1 scene 5

Legionnaire
May 5, 2004, 08:39 PM
Ouch!

Bainx
May 5, 2004, 08:55 PM
Wow, what a trooper!

Nail gun accident. That is how my band got to be opener for Rick Derringer several years ago. The bass player of the scheduled opening band nailed his foot. Then we were called in to fill the slot. :cool:

admar2
May 5, 2004, 11:08 PM
so much for thinning the herd

HABU
May 5, 2004, 11:32 PM
They just ran this as a news teaser on the hellivission. They touted it as an accident.:rolleyes: Do only idiots yell at the idiot box?:o

More likely he was involved in an "accident". Perhaps he was late on his union dues. :evil:

BTW, they look like 16d to me. Standard construction ammo.

mete
May 6, 2004, 07:03 AM
It went full auto!! sue the gun maker !

Nickotym
May 6, 2004, 01:04 PM
I would like to get a look at the AP view to see the exact placement of the nails. The could be off to one side quite a bit.

Edited to add: Did anyone notice that two of the "nails" are about the size of bolts?

pendentive
May 6, 2004, 02:04 PM
the real question is:

Did he have a permit to carry that automatic weapon?!?

:evil:

Elmer Snerd
May 6, 2004, 03:49 PM
They need to ban steel-cored armor-piercing nails, too.

Third_Rail
May 6, 2004, 04:00 PM
All different angles of entry, all over the back and sides of his head. Really, it was an accident. No, we weren't playing with the nailgun. I SWEAR we didn't have the manual (pressure) safety taped/wired/tied back so it would go bang as quick as possible. :scrutiny:

standingbear
May 6, 2004, 07:28 PM
so I guess he got nailed then.

Penforhire
May 6, 2004, 07:39 PM
All those angles are freaking me out. Seems like someone WAS shooting until he stopped. An accident? Yeah right.

Keeping it gun-related, doesn't it seem as if this would be more damaging than the same number of 25 auto hits to those same locations? I mean those nails are solid penetration to a decent depth.

Kharn
May 6, 2004, 08:43 PM
I guess he didnt have a horse to wake up in bed with...

Kharn

Kalindras
May 6, 2004, 10:25 PM
I'm gonna call this one patently rubbish.

Having worked as a roofer for a couple of summers, I've seen some of the truly stupid things that my coworkers did (mostly to make extra money, since faster work=more money, of course...that, and it gets hottern'HADES up there on asphalt shingling!!), I'll throw in my two bits:

1) I've seen guys bounce-nailing. Basically this is when you hold the trigger down and just punch the gun into the shingles. Even at best, you'd get a double- or triple-tap, and that still required someone holding down the trigger and pressing to deactivate the pressure safety on the front.

2) I've seen guys duct-tape (or in extreme cases, solder or weld) the safety back. This allows you "shoot" the nails, without having to press the gun against the shingles. Again, this allows you to work faster, since you float the gun over the row, just spraying nails into it. Works okay, but looks like s**t when you're done, pardon the language. Again, while the safety IS gone, you still have to squeeze the trigger.

Finally, even running with the assumption that the bozo had de-safed his nailer, and that the fall from the roof had damaged the air valve and made it "autofire," that fails to explain the various angles and sides of his head that this (ahem) 'x-ray' shows. If this is a real x-ray, there is NO WAY that it was self-inflicted or accidental. I suppose that it's possible (in that theoretical sense in which everything not explicitly IMpossible is possible), but if it's real, this guy shouldn't bother buying Lotto tickets, since he's already used up all of his improbability in this lifespan!! :evil:

Also, those looks a bit thicker than 16d nails! They look like 18d or 20d spikes, but only as long as 16d!! I'm not gonna believe this one until I meet the guy and play his skull like an ocarina!!

cracked butt
May 7, 2004, 01:02 AM
Wow! 27 posts so far and noone has asked the most obvious and important question: Was the nailgun made by Glock:D

Justin
May 7, 2004, 01:03 AM
Meh.

Phineas Gage did it first, and his incident was more impressive, too.

Besides, this is OT.

If you enjoyed reading about "Man survives 6 nails shot in head" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!