henry .22mag lever (plain basic)

PDA

solbane
June 9, 2016, 01:39 PM
woo Hoo! just got my new baby home, out of the box, cleaned and the first 50 rounds fired. Love it. now.. i gotta start making it Mine.
since i wanted it for 100-200 yards (maybe a few squeaks past), and creeping up on my 50th birthday i'm going to be needing a scope. having always used iron sights i'm kinda lost with where to start. thinking economical(not Cheap) but not top of the line. for coffee cans to coyotes with a few bunnies in between. suggestions??
as well, the stock feels 1/2-3/4" short but, the plastic butt plate's glued on. how am i supposed to make or buy spacers?

If you enjoyed reading about "henry .22mag lever (plain basic)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jakk280rem
June 9, 2016, 05:30 PM
Contact Henry. They may be able to advise you on the best way to defeat their adhesive. Might also look into a personalized leather cartridge cuff. Might look classy on a lever gun.

As for scopes, I like the generous eye box of a Leupold. A Rifleman or VX-1 would be nice. Burris would be a good choice. I like a small variable for your application. A 1.5-6 or 2-7x33 34 35 ish. The small ocular would allow low mounting. Very handy on a rifle with a bit of drop in the comb. Light too. Around 10oz.

solbane
June 11, 2016, 01:15 AM
thanks a lot!
i suppose i hadn't considered mounting height(damn, close one). and it's nice to have an idea where to start.
i'll also be firing an e-mail of to ol' Henry
again thanks

Coyote3855
June 11, 2016, 09:08 AM
I've had good luck with Nikon scopes on rimfire rifles. I have a 4X Prostaff on a S&W 15-22 that is a great little scope.

If you enjoyed reading about "henry .22mag lever (plain basic)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!