Hasn't anyone noticed...?

PDA

bj426
May 6, 2004, 09:14 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the date that this forum thinks it is, is one more than it really is?

This post is being written on 5/6/04....

:rolleyes:

Glad I found you guys..... I was really missing TFL.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hasn't anyone noticed...?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
nvrquit
May 6, 2004, 09:26 PM
The time zone being used is GMT.... small clue as to why the date for the board is not what our date may be at the time one post's or reads a post.

Details, details.....:D

George S.
May 6, 2004, 09:41 PM
The date is right for my time zone (Pacific Daylight Time) but apparently this version of vBulletin doesn't recognize Daylight Time. The time I see is one hour behind the current wall clock time. Pacific Standard Time is GMT minus 8 hours and Daylight Time is an additional -1. I haven't found anything in the user control panel that shows a daylight time setting.

bj426
May 6, 2004, 09:49 PM
i don't understand... are guys saying that it is intentionally set that way?? Nowhere in the states would be 5/7 yet...... (assuming that the forum is in the states.....

Jeff White
May 6, 2004, 09:55 PM
The solution is to go into your profile and set your preferences for whatever time zone you prefer. Then your very own personalized version will show the right date and time for where you're at, or where you wish you were for that matter ;)

Jeff

bj426
May 6, 2004, 10:11 PM
WOW!

thanks man....

Larry Ashcraft
May 6, 2004, 10:33 PM
Glad I found you guys..... I was really missing TFL.
What took so long? Took me about 15 minutes to find this place.

(the only reason I posted was to hit post no. 500) :D

BluesBear
May 8, 2004, 09:28 AM
To my knowledge there has never been a setting for daylight savings time here. When I joined it asked me to set the time zone I was in.

And by the way all of the post times look right to me.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hasn't anyone noticed...?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!