One of the greatest DIY projects I have ever seen....

PDA

12 Volt Man
May 7, 2004, 03:29 PM
http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=174612

If you enjoyed reading about "One of the greatest DIY projects I have ever seen...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
buy guns
May 7, 2004, 03:44 PM
that is so cool

Mac Attack
May 7, 2004, 04:15 PM
I didn't read all the posts but I think this guy has way too much time on his hands. I would rather pay an extra $100 buck and buy a manufactured Gun safe thren go through all the hassles of altering a vending machine.

To each their own I guess. It does look cool though.......

Mac

MPFreeman
May 7, 2004, 04:21 PM
Gunsafes from a manufacturer look liike gunsafes.

Cokemachine gunsafes look like COke Machines.

Boats
May 7, 2004, 04:21 PM
I don't know, the camoflague value of the vending machine is high. Really, what crook is going to think there are 30 guns behind the "Fanta" sign as opposed to the one that is emblazoned "Remington" or something on the front of it?

fjolnirsson
May 7, 2004, 05:02 PM
the camoflague value of the vending machine is high. Really, what crook is going to think there are 30 guns behind the "Fanta" sign as opposed to the one that is emblazoned "Remington" or something on the front of it?

Exactly. That is SO cool. Hmm......I do have some free time on my hands....

Chipperman
May 7, 2004, 05:09 PM
Not only is it a cool project, but he has spent a LOT of time telling everyone about how to do it.

Kudos to him. :cool:

thumbtack
May 7, 2004, 05:17 PM
I already have a big gun safe, but I could really use an ammo safe.

Mac Attack
May 7, 2004, 05:20 PM
Okay I can see the value of urban camo. If I saw one in a garage I would think the owner must have lots of money to have his own soda vending machine. Damn I would like to have my own Coke machine in my garage too.

Mac

Warren
May 7, 2004, 06:09 PM
Cool idea.

Though wouldn't making an upright freezer into a gun safe be an easier way to go?

Easy to come by and then just modify as per the coke machine.

Just about the same camoflauge value.

buy guns
May 7, 2004, 06:15 PM
i imagine that would be alot easier but its not as cool as a coke machine :cool:

boofus
May 7, 2004, 06:18 PM
Unless the thief really gets a case of the munchies and decides he has to get into the 'fridge. :p

Warren
May 7, 2004, 06:37 PM
If on the front it said "CAUTION HUMAN WASTE SAMPLES---BIOHAZARD" with a nice official looking sticker that might keep a BG, or anyone else, from opening it.

:D

Boats
May 7, 2004, 06:58 PM
If on the front it said "CAUTION HUMAN WASTE SAMPLES---BIOHAZARD" with a nice official looking sticker that might keep a BG, or anyone else, from opening it.

That idea could also get the whole works confiscated if the wrong blissninny saw it.:what:

Warren
May 7, 2004, 07:20 PM
How about if it said "CAUTION: NUDE PHOTOS OF ROSIE O'DONNEL INSIDE!!!"

BryanP
May 7, 2004, 08:42 PM
It is a neat idea, but it's been done before. I kind of like the idea of the old freezer myself. Hang a goldenrod inside, mount a lock. Maybe put an alarm on it.

http://www.calibrepress.com/newsline/warningart/pepsi1.jpg

http://www.calibrepress.com/newsline/warningart/pepsi3.jpg

Mr. Mysterious
May 8, 2004, 02:30 AM
I can't wait until I'm done with apartment life and can start undertaking some big projects!

Gewehr98
May 8, 2004, 07:00 PM
I've been using my old Coke machine for the wrong thing. The one in my garage dispenses cold cans of beer. ;)

SodaPop
May 8, 2004, 07:09 PM
double

SodaPop
May 8, 2004, 07:11 PM
There are plenty of empty spaces in a soda machine if there isn't any soda in there.;)

Breaking into a soda machine is a heck of a lot easier than the average gun safe, but the camo is pretty good. My gun safe isn't out in the open either and most people miss it when they are in the room.

I keep all my long guns hidden in a telescope and the ammo is hidden in the oven.:D

Patent Works
May 9, 2004, 12:19 PM
A simpler approach is to get tear-out industrial electrical boxes, and hook them up with some dummy conduit and warning stickers.

El Tejon
May 9, 2004, 12:26 PM
I love guys like this!:D

Bet he wears a belt and suspenders and is one of those guys at the range that keeps every gunpart known to man in a tackle box.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "One of the greatest DIY projects I have ever seen...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!