Advice about trigger jigs

PDA

IamV
May 7, 2004, 06:25 PM
anyone with experience using any of the trigger/sear jigs offered by Brownells (ie the ed brown, powers series i or ii, or marvel) in performing 1911 trigger jobs?

Ive been researching the topic here and elsewhere but no one ever really states which jigs they prefer using... Im mainly interested in knowing which ones are garbage and which ones are worth purchasing...

any and all OPINIONS are gratefully appreciated.. thanks

v.

If you enjoyed reading about "Advice about trigger jigs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jim K
May 8, 2004, 11:10 PM
I don't think anything sold by Brownells is garbage. The main thing is not the jig but in learning how to use it.

Jim

Chris Rhines
May 9, 2004, 10:38 AM
I have a Marvel 1911 hammer/sear jig. I've done some nice work with it, but it does take practice to use it properly. The best thing that you can do is get a handful of old hammers and sears to use as practice material, before you try doing a trigger job for real.

BTW, anyone know where I can get a handful of old hammers and sears? :D

One small complaint about the Marvel jig - it should have a hardened steel roller to rest the stone on. Mine will probably be modified for this when I get a chance...

- Chris

If you enjoyed reading about "Advice about trigger jigs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!