Sports Authrity going out business sale

PDA

EMT40SW
July 12, 2016, 05:58 PM
Anyone else get any good deals? I got 100 rounds of winchester 12ga birdshot for $18 each or $4.50 a box of 25 rounds.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sports Authrity going out business sale" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wojownik
July 12, 2016, 07:18 PM
Sports Authority stores in my area had not carry anything firearms related for some years. They stopped carrying Handguns and centerfire rifles several years ago. All ammo was discontinued next. Finally shotguns went. Disspointing, but pushed me to Galyans. Then Galyans got acquired by Dick's :barf: ...

So, no THR-related deals from their bankruptcy. Got some baseball gear for the kids though ...

But around 15 years ago, I got a mega deal on pistol ammo. I picked up a box of 500 rounds, and it scanned at $6.99. :eek: I said (honest me) that's gotta be a mistake. The cashier scanned it in several times... even broke open the box, and the 50 round boxes would not register in the system. Even calle over a manager to consult. The clerk said if I thought it was so great a deal, buy some more. After this severe arm twisting, I exited the store with 4000 rounds (all they had) for a whopping $55.92, plus tax. Hey, I'm a high road guy, even got a manager involved, but they stuck by the pricing ...

I guess in retrospect I feel guilty if that contributed to their bankruptcy ...

If you enjoyed reading about "Sports Authrity going out business sale" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!