Current Events Forum

PDA

TXBera
May 7, 2004, 09:42 PM
I know in the past I have defended against adding new areas to The High Road, but this time I got to thinking. What about a Current Events Forum?

First, it would only be for the discussion of firearms related news items. It might help clear out some of the threads from GD and L&P, thus leaving those two forums for what they were designed to do.

Second, it would also help to cut down on the double posting of news items. Instead of having the same article in GD and L&P two or even three times, it could be posted to the Current Events forum for discussion.

Last, it might help cut down on bandwidth. This goes back to the double and triple posting of news items, if the thread starter doesn't provide an accurate description we have to click on it to find out what it is, and that leads to clicking on those repeated threads and using up more bandwidth than we need to.

The Current Events forum's description could read something like this:

Discuss Firearms related news items. Please utilize the reporter’s original heading and provide a link or cite the source of your news story. News Items MUST be Firearms Related.

If you enjoyed reading about "Current Events Forum" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TheBluesMan
May 7, 2004, 11:24 PM
TXBera,

Like you, I am usually against adding new forums to THR. Your proposal, however, is very well reasoned and bears serious consideration. We'll kick it around the staff lounge and see how it comes out.

Thanks for the suggestion! :)

-Dave

TXBera
May 8, 2004, 05:56 AM
Thanks, I know that ya'll will give it the consideration it deserves.

I kinda thought about this while I was at the Quick Lube getting my oil changed(Apt. Complex, No work on cars, else I'd done it myself) and the school shooting yesterday in MD came on the TV. When I got home I didn't know where to look for the thread on the news story as I knew someone had to or was gonna post it. And I really dislike duplicate threads, even though I have been guilty a time or two.:banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "Current Events Forum" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!