I LOVE Dixie! :D

PDA

MeekandMild
May 8, 2004, 12:12 AM
When I moved to a rural county in Dixie from a major urban pesthole and my CCW expired it took the sheriff less than a week to process my new CCW application. Although not a requirement in my state he offered an optional basic pistol safety course for $20. The teacher was a senior deputy with an excellent skill level, knowledge level, aptitude for teaching, attitude and compassion. Mrs. Meek (who is always afraid she won't do well) scored second of the women shooters and I stole the trophy for men shooters on the final qualification test (using the Glock I've been fighting to master for the last 2 years).

All you Kalifornicans, New Jooisians and assorted Yankees...Nyaa nyaa :p

If you enjoyed reading about "I LOVE Dixie! :D" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
thumbtack
May 8, 2004, 12:32 AM
Well what part of Dixie did you move to? And Congrats on the escape.

MeekandMild
May 8, 2004, 12:47 AM
I can't answer that question due to the nature of my work. Just say it is in the deep south. It seems that the governments of several pretty much interchangable southern states are more loyal to the original intent of the constitution than many other states.

sm
May 8, 2004, 01:02 AM
Bootlegger :D

I'm Kidding. Born,Raised and Still in the South myself. Gotta admit tho, bootleggers worked, not on dole. They did have a "working relationship" with many gummit agencies...even in other juridictions and States. It was that BIG gummit messing with folks that got things all fouled up....tax money.

NASCAR was born because of it. I dunno , I always considered bootlegging in the South an honorable profession.

Now that family in Taxachu...got into politics and gave it a bad rub. ;)

There is difference in folks and attitudes here...especially the small rural areas. Funny to hear a Deputy tell a new arrival the old Mark Twain quote- " Most dangerous item in the home is an unloaded gun". That raises eyebrows.

If you enjoyed reading about "I LOVE Dixie! :D" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!