"Guest" status

PDA

boing
May 8, 2004, 05:25 PM
Curious as to the purpose of the unregistered "Guest" status that some folks post under?

If you enjoyed reading about ""Guest" status" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TXBera
May 8, 2004, 07:49 PM
I've never seen the guest status. Maybe you are seeing the guests browsing, but not posting.

As far as I know, you have to be registered to post, reply and Private Message.

TheBluesMan
May 8, 2004, 07:56 PM
Do you have an example of this? I can only find one. Please send me a PM with the thread and/or member's handle.

Thanks.

sm
May 8, 2004, 08:00 PM
boing

Are you referring to "Who is online"?

In User CP one can choose "invisible mode". I happen to not show up on the homepage or "Who is online" ...I am in "invisible mode".

I may use the 'puter lab at school, or other 'puters elswhere. I take my laptop out and about as well. Started doing it when some concerns popped up using other 'puters.

boing
May 8, 2004, 08:14 PM
TBM, PM sent.

Not Whose Online. Next to each of this person's post is this:

(Username)

I've seen it before, too. It's rare.

TheBluesMan
May 8, 2004, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the tip, boing.

We're looking into it. :)

Warren
May 11, 2004, 02:22 AM
On another board I post on it says "guest" when the account has been closed but not deleted.

So if someone is banned but the posts are allowed to stay it will say "guest" under their user name.

If you enjoyed reading about ""Guest" status" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!