Disappearing posts; what gives??

PDA

shep854
May 9, 2004, 10:19 AM
I'm baffled; at least two posts that I've made are not in their respective thread. Am I doing something REALLY DUMB (likely) or is there a glitch somewhere?:confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Disappearing posts; what gives??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Preacherman
May 9, 2004, 10:20 AM
Try playing in the "Testing" forum for a while. You can start threads, make posts, edit them, delete them, etc. in a place where mistakes don't matter. If you find the same problems there, PM me and I'll see what I can do to help.

BluesBear
May 9, 2004, 11:18 AM
Maybe you said something that ticked off a Moderator and they deleted it without telling you like they did to me.

Kamicosmos
May 9, 2004, 11:33 AM
Also, depending on the content of your thread, it may have been moved to a more appropriate forum. ie talking about rifles in the handgun forum.

edited to add: oops, you're talking about specific posts....my comment doesn't apply then.

Mal H
May 10, 2004, 01:21 AM
shep854 - Did you definitely see your posts appear in the thread after hitting the submit button? If so, they did disappear later. If not, then you might not have completed the submit process. I know from personal experience that can happen. I have composed a reply and then simple closed the reply window without hitting submit.

sm
May 10, 2004, 01:25 AM
I just had that happen.
[5 minutes ago]

My reply was posted , I saw it, then I clicked to another forum and "Cannot find server". Took about 5 min to get THR back...post was gone. Hang on I'll post a link to my last post for time and whatever else info it may provide.

As usual when this happens , "view new post" only had one post from getting back on track..

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&postid=989321#post989321

FWIW - Using XPPro, IE and dial up ISP

BluesBear
May 10, 2004, 04:24 AM
It happened to me just last week.
The post was there for over an hour.
Then it vanished without a trace.

tyme
May 10, 2004, 01:58 PM
If it happens again, would you please hit back until you get to the page that had the post, then note its postid? (You can get it by hovering the mouse over the "edit" button and reading the postid from the link that's displayed in the status bar at the bottom of the browser.)

I'd be really curious to see if the entire thing's vanished out of the database, or whether its threadid has just been corrupted. Assuming, of course, that this isn't the work of moderators, which it may be.

If you enjoyed reading about "Disappearing posts; what gives??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!