You Arent Gettin A Trijicon Soon

PDA

Wildalaska
May 10, 2004, 04:17 PM
Youre not getting a Trijicon optic soon..unless its already in the hands of a dealer..

Because Trijicon just got a contract to give every Marine rifleman in Iraq a TA 31 (3.5x with Chevron and fiber optic)....

Thats above and beyon the Army contracts...

WildgonnabeusingopensightsforawhileAlaska

If you enjoyed reading about "You Arent Gettin A Trijicon Soon" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Erich
May 10, 2004, 04:25 PM
Well, it's been hard to find them for a while - nice to know that my money will be safe with me for a while longer.

Zak Smith
May 10, 2004, 04:33 PM
The TA31 is 4x. The TA11 is 3.5x.

-z

Red_SC
May 10, 2004, 05:02 PM
Got a link?

burbanite
May 10, 2004, 05:57 PM
Guess I'll just have to make use of the one I have...:neener:

MrMurphy
May 10, 2004, 06:01 PM
Considering how well the Marine Squad Designated Marksmen have liked their A4s with Trijicons, I'm not exactly surprised.

ocabj
May 10, 2004, 06:09 PM
You gotta wonder how many people are selling their Aimpoints to jump on the Trijicon bandwagon.

SodaPop
May 10, 2004, 06:14 PM
There is going to be a huge market for the used ones when the soldiers come back.

El Tejon
May 10, 2004, 06:31 PM
Just got one on a WA/RR AR last week! Must have squeaked under the wire!:uhoh:

Story on my life.:D

carbon15b
May 10, 2004, 06:54 PM
Bummer... Not that I could afford one anyway, but it was always a nice thaught.

Mulliga
May 10, 2004, 07:00 PM
Those ACOGs will be put to better use by our guys in Iraq. I think it's a great idea for every soldier to have a premium scope to use - helps them get the bad guys without killing civilians.

zougou
May 10, 2004, 07:40 PM
So if one wanted a scope for an AR but didn't want to spend that much for an ACOG, what other options are there out there?

I'm particularly interested in something that would mount on a carry handle.

I want to find something nicer than one of those $39.95 scopes made in kai ai de zhong guo but less than the cost of the rifle itself.

Zak Smith
May 10, 2004, 09:36 PM
but less than the cost of the rifle itself.
When speaking of conventional hunting rifles, it's pretty common to spend about the same on the scope as the rifle.

The ACOGs with BAC (TA31* and TA11*) are the hottest models out there right now. You might be able find the older one without the fiber-optic - the TA01 - around $600.

Alternatively, the military is also using the Aimpoint M2 (1X red dot).

If you want to go cheaper, I suggest getting a conventional low-mid power Leupold VXII or VXIII, like a 1.5-5x.

-z

Rebeldon
May 10, 2004, 10:11 PM
I got mine! :D

http://www.trijicon-inc.com/parts/125E.jpg

SodaPop
May 10, 2004, 10:13 PM
DSarms said they have them in stock.

DragonRider
May 10, 2004, 10:15 PM
ACOG=AWESOME, The Accupoint shown just above is a GREAT substitue. I got one of each and both work great.

John

Wildalaska
May 10, 2004, 10:18 PM
Like I said, if your dealer has em in stock grab one...

I got one TAO1NSN left and one TriPower, I think I will hoard them.

WildniceopticsAlaska

stevelyn
May 10, 2004, 10:34 PM
Wouldn't these http://www.meprolight.com/products.asp?id=5 or these http://ww.meprolight.com/products.asp?id=6 be as good as the Trijicon models. Other than for a few minor details, namely the reticle, both the Trijicons and Meprolights seem to be very similar.
I have a set of Mepro night sights on my Glock and see little or no difference in quality and construction.

May 11, 2004, 01:01 AM
I got mine (TA31F).

"You gotta wonder how many people are selling their Aimpoints to jump on the Trijicon bandwagon."

Not me. I got both. I can switch between them in seconds. However instead of doing that, I have them on two different carbines. If I could only have one, it would be the Aimpoint.

Zak Smith
May 11, 2004, 02:55 AM
stevelyn,

The Meprolight products you refer to are similar in function to the Aimpoint M2 or the Trijicon Reflex (both 1X red dots). The ACOG is completely different.

-z

c_yeager
May 11, 2004, 03:34 AM
Im glad to hear that they are getting some realyl top notch optics to rifleman as a standard issue. It's been a long time comming.

Wildalaska
May 11, 2004, 04:00 AM
Meprolight makes nice night sights.

They are made off shore in Israel. A little cheaper.

BTW, the Israeli military uses Trijicons :)

Ya get what ya pay for

WildothersubtledifferencestooAlaska

Daedalus
May 11, 2004, 08:48 AM
Out of curiosity, will this fat contract possibly result in reinvestment in manufacturing equpment and perhaps a price reduction on these fine optics?

Wildalaska
May 11, 2004, 01:25 PM
They just opened a new plant and are runnignthree shifts..

These optics are very labor intenive, thats why they cost so much

WildtritiumAlaska

If you enjoyed reading about "You Arent Gettin A Trijicon Soon" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!