Am I Getting a Little Bit Nuts?

PDA

AnklePocket
May 10, 2004, 11:09 PM
To make a short story a lot shorter I put a lot of energy into making New Jersey a better place and came up empty so I've decided to move on to another state. We're outta here in a few months and I'm very, very much looking forward to it. I could go into detail, but it's really kinda boring at this point.
I've been involved in several organizations one of which emailed me last week urging me to support the MMM and the Brady Campaigns. I blew a gasket and went completely bonkers on a very prominent leader in the community. He responded with a warm note of acceptance, but I stood firm and explained my position very clearly and intelligently in a manner that he's certainly never before heard.
I kinda burned that bridge and several others as well. I've found that my patience for the Million Moms and anything resembling them has disappeared and I've got quite a chip on my shoulder. Is this appropriate conduct these days? I think that it might be, but it also might not. What do minds bigger than mine think?

If you enjoyed reading about "Am I Getting a Little Bit Nuts?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
7.62FullMetalJacket
May 10, 2004, 11:27 PM
You will enjoy the United States of America.

Good riddance to the blissninnies.

Welcome home.

Standing Wolf
May 10, 2004, 11:28 PM
I've found that my patience for the Million Moms and anything resembling them has disappeared and I've got quite a chip on my shoulder.

I'm never very patient with people who've clearly stated their intentions to turn me into an unarmed, defenseless serf.

P95Carry
May 10, 2004, 11:36 PM
Ankle .. the ''fight'' against illogical control is almost futile ..... because you are up against emotion and little logic.

Gather up that chip on the shoulder and move on ... sooner the better ..... you'll find better pastures out there but still a fight on your hands ... we all have that.

oneslowgun
May 10, 2004, 11:36 PM
You will enjoy the United States of America.

Good riddance to the blissninnies.

Welcome home.

Amen 7.62

one45auto
May 10, 2004, 11:50 PM
I've found that my patience for the Million Moms and anything resembling them has disappeared and I've got quite a chip on my shoulder.

That's perfectly understandable. The gulf between their idealogical position and ours has become so immense that it cannot be bridged, and worse still as others have stated their arguments are based on emotion rather than reason, which makes them totally immune to rational thought - the very basis for polite discussion and resolution.

Jim March
May 11, 2004, 12:01 AM
I think some states aren't worth trying to save.

New Jersey is just about at the top of that list. Illinois is close.

Calif, while annoying, is both salvagable and simply too *big* to give up on.

1 in 9 American citizens are in California.

:scrutiny:

Go ahead and flee NJ. But if you're in Calif, stand and fight.

Preacherman
May 11, 2004, 01:48 AM
No, just leaving the nuthouse... Welcome to sanity! :D

jimpeel
May 11, 2004, 02:05 AM

http://www.allergicchild.com/images/animatedpeanut.gif

Just don't fly off on us.

http://www.aero.com/ballooning/commercial/images/peanut.gif

:evil:

Warren
May 11, 2004, 02:05 AM
Calif, while annoying, is both salvagable and simply too *big* to give up on.

I wish we could cut it in twain and let them have SF and LA.

Warren
May 11, 2004, 02:06 AM
Now that is a huge nut bag.

jimpeel
May 11, 2004, 02:14 AM
ROTFLMAO !!!!

sm
May 11, 2004, 02:27 AM
ahh, now I know where all that "hot air" went with the recent MMM speil. :p

AnklePocket,
Some bridges have to be destroyed before they can be rebuilt, burning works. Then again some bridges that become unsafe and dangerous are closed permanently. The new routes and bridges built are safer, handle more traffic and offer more exits/options to take in one's travels .

Highland Ranger
May 11, 2004, 08:34 AM
Go ahead and flee NJ. But if you're in Calif, stand and fight.

Fashionable to bash NJ I guess - I think we should flee California . . . . we have McGreevy and two loser senators but you have HOLLYWOOD.

:neener:

Running and fighting aside, consider that any pocket of the anti-2a disease that is left becomes a place for it to grow from again.

Leatherneck
May 11, 2004, 08:40 AM
You had a bridge to the Mommies???:what:

TC
TFL Survivor

RealGun
May 11, 2004, 08:46 AM
Go where you need to go to be able to freely or at least basically exercise the right of self defense. Do it now and figure the rest out later.

If there ever is a solution to the problem posed by States like NJ, it will come from the US Supreme Court, not from inside a hopelessly offensive State. That is everybody's fight, so you will not be wimping out by moving. Until the 2nd Amendment is applied to States via the 14th, this kind of crap will continue and will get worse. Current and upcoming State AWBs will highlight that.

Antlurz
May 11, 2004, 09:13 AM
The awakening!

:D :D :D

Ain't it great?

http://showcase.netins.net/web/antlurz/slap.gif

Ron

lee n. field
May 11, 2004, 09:54 AM
I kinda burned that bridge and several others as well. I've found that my patience for the Million Moms and anything resembling them has disappeared and I've got quite a chip on my shoulder. Is this appropriate conduct these days?

The Mommies want you dead. They don't care if you live or die, as long as you're disarmed, and unable to defend yourself.

Tom Servo
May 11, 2004, 10:07 AM
Is this appropriate conduct these days? I think that it might be, but it also might not. What do minds bigger than mine think?
Don't know that my mind's any bigger, but I've always relied on hard facts and a level voice when dealing with these people, and a couple of times, it's actually had an effect.

Still, I've found that in some places, the "ban all guns and trust the BG to show mercy" mindset is just too entrenched to counter. I have twice refused transfers at work, once to Maryland and once to New York, and both times I've explained by saying that I won't live in a place where I have no right to defend myself.

For the time being, I'm happy here in Georgia;)

longeyes
May 11, 2004, 10:33 AM
Honesty is best. Think what you think, feel what you feel, express what needs to be expressed. Life is too short for b.s.

HBK
May 11, 2004, 11:26 AM
You are going to love it back in the USA. You won't regret leaving the armpit of America for one second, except to maybe miss those pine barrens.
I know I couldn't live in New Jersey. Welcome home.

Third_Rail
May 11, 2004, 11:35 AM
I'm jealous. My exodus from MA is delayed.

:fire:

I hate MA.

Antlurz
May 11, 2004, 11:39 AM
I gotta admit.... New Jersey was a pretty good name for a Battle Ship...

But other than that?:p

:D :D :D

Ron

AnklePocket
May 11, 2004, 04:57 PM
The gentleman certainly took the high road. I threw everything at him and he kept coming back. His final response was:

"Let's keep on it together. Jews are people with deep feelings, certainly like everyone else, if not moreso on certain topics. We need to be able to debate among ourselves without tearing each other down. That just helps our common enemies. We need to learn from and strengthen each other, not weaken each other."

Hawkmoon
May 12, 2004, 02:18 AM
The gentleman certainly took the high road. I threw everything at him and he kept coming back. His final response was:

"Let's keep on it together. Jews are people with deep feelings, certainly like everyone else, if not moreso on certain topics. We need to be able to debate among ourselves without tearing each other down. That just helps our common enemies. We need to learn from and strengthen each other, not weaken each other."
Not being privy to the entire transcript of your debate with the gentleman, I am a bit curious where the apparently gratuitous reference to Jews as people with feelings came from. Aside from that, what I sort of read between the lines is that he's saying "I haven't given up on saving you yet, so let's keep the lines of communication open until I have converted you."

Does that about sum it up? :confused:

jimpeel
May 12, 2004, 02:59 AM
I, too, found the "Jews are people with deep feelings" comment puzzling.

If you enjoyed reading about "Am I Getting a Little Bit Nuts?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!