Router resets

PDA

Derek Zeanah
February 9, 2003, 04:03 PM
Reset the router a few minutes ago as it was getting kind of wedged -- ping times were something like 10x higher than they should have been.

Might do so again later tonight -- if you get a "not found" message, please try again in a few minutes.

The cause? Well, I've developed a slight addiction to Anime in this last week, and the router I'm using seems to experience memory leaks from seeing a bunch of udp packets flowing by. :o

If you enjoyed reading about "Router resets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Phyphor
February 9, 2003, 11:00 PM
Hmm, what brand of router is is?

Derek Zeanah
February 10, 2003, 05:58 PM
It's a Netopia. Rock-steady if it's just handling TCP connections, but it seems to have a number of issues with memory leaks when it's seeing predominantly UDP traffic (think P2P apps).

Bought a Speedstream 5851 which is supposed to be something like an order of magnitude more stable, but I've gone through 3 of them without any luck getting them to recognize the SDSL connection.

Maybe I'll try again tonight...

If you enjoyed reading about "Router resets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!