list of states where hi-caps can't be sold?

PDA

Billmanweh
May 11, 2004, 04:41 PM
anyone know where I could find a list of states where I can't ship hi-cap magazines?

If you enjoyed reading about "list of states where hi-caps can't be sold?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jnojr
May 11, 2004, 04:46 PM
California for sure. I think New Jersey, too.

HBK
May 11, 2004, 04:47 PM
I think www.packing.org could help you. I am not sure, but I think MD is also on the list.

GigaBuist
May 11, 2004, 04:55 PM
CA nothing over 10 (unless used in a registered "assault weapon" I guess)
NJ nothing over 20
MA has something -- dunno what for sure though.

I'm no expert though -- I don't even live there.

jamz
May 11, 2004, 05:06 PM
Don't know about the other states other than CA, but in MA you can indeed buy high-caps (if you have ze correct paperss) :banghead:

-James

GigaBuist
May 11, 2004, 05:23 PM
You need papers for a.... magazine? Please elaborate.

geekWithA.45
May 11, 2004, 05:34 PM
Correction: NJ max is 15.

Exceptions exist for blocked magazines, proceed carefully there.

GigaBuist
May 11, 2004, 05:44 PM
Wow dude, you're alive. I was beginning to think they captured you at the NJ border and held you back.

artherd
May 11, 2004, 07:47 PM
CA nothing over 10 (unless used in a registered "assault weapon" I guess)

Wrong, magazines are regulated independantly of AWs. Even registered MACHINE GUN owners cannot import standard-capacity magazines after 1/1/2000 in CA.

NOBODY but police officers can.

GigaBuist
May 11, 2004, 08:34 PM
I am obviously -WAY- under informed in this area -- so I probably shouldn't have opened my mouth. However, I'm just as interested in the original poster I guess.

I thought with CA (gleaned this somewhere from Jim March's posts) that you could have over 10 rounds in some way, shape, or form. Grandfathered in if you had a registered "assault weapon" or some-such nonsense. Am I correct here?

The parent was asking about shipping though -- so I guess you're answering his question exactly: nobody can import anything over 10 rounds to CA anymore.

Billmanweh
May 11, 2004, 08:44 PM
Well, the main reason I asked is that I have some glock hi-caps for sale on the boards here and someone from CA e-mailed and said it was ok to ship them to him and it didn't quite sound right to me. I just wanted to double check...

gunsmith
May 11, 2004, 08:48 PM
in CA b/4 the ban,you are still allowed to own them but you may not sell them or import them into the state.
Making it profitable for sellers outside of CA to sell to the untold thousands of gun owners,whose memory is kinda fuzzy and who remember buying them in CA before the ban ...because NO ONE would disobey a law and go on over to AZ/NV/OR and buy an unmarked Standard Capacity Mag!! Because there is no way to prove you did not have that mag b/4 the ban;) :p :cool:

Chris Rhines
May 11, 2004, 08:57 PM
Maryland - nothing over 20 rounds can be sold in the state. Although it's quasi-legal to travel outside of MD, buy 30rd. AR mags, and bring them home.

The law is not particularly well-enforced.

- Chris

jdkelly
May 11, 2004, 09:21 PM
You need papers for a.... magazine? Please elaborate.

I don't mean to answer for Jamz, but I assume he intended that as a poke at our Leftist leaders in this state. I laughed!

Anyway you can buy Hi-Cap magazines in Massachusetts, if they were produced before the ban (I think). But how can you prove they are pre-ban without papers? You can't, so you just have to take the dealers word.

Respectfully,

jdkelly

sharpie613
May 12, 2004, 03:40 AM
Lots of fuzzy memories in California....

Billmanweh
May 12, 2004, 03:52 AM
Anyway you can buy Hi-Cap magazines in Massachusetts, if they were produced before the ban (I think).

if they were produced after the ban, they wouldn't be legal in any state, right?

Steel
May 12, 2004, 10:03 AM
Those are not states any longer. They are independent neo-marxist humanist sheeple republics

jdkelly
May 12, 2004, 01:01 PM
if they were produced after the ban, they wouldn't be legal in any state, right?---Billmanweh

I believe that to be true. But how can you tell if the Hi-Cap you are buying is Pre-Ban? You take the dealers word for it.

Respectfully,

jdkelly

Billmanweh
May 12, 2004, 01:04 PM
aren't all post-ban hi-caps marked as leo only?

Marinesg1012
May 12, 2004, 01:12 PM
Those are not states any longer. They are independent neo-marxist humanist sheeple republics

Can we consider that they are anexed and go in and retake the property and start over? :D :D

jamz
May 12, 2004, 10:56 PM
What I meant to say is that you can get pre-ban standard capacity mags here in MA, but you have to have a "class A" License to carry (this applies to rifles too, go figure). If you have an ordinary Class B License to Carry (which does not permit you to carry a firearm loaded, again, go figure) you are not allowed anything over 10 rouunds, and if you have an FID card (Firearms Identification card, applicable if you want to posess a rifle, shotgun, ammunition, or even MACE) you are also only allowed 10 rounds.

This state's gun laws are just retarded. "Ze paperss" in this case, is a Class A LTC.

-James

If you enjoyed reading about "list of states where hi-caps can't be sold?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!