Guys this is AWESOME!!!!!! Check it out, warm fuzzies are guaranteed. Range Day.

PDA

Ben Shepherd
May 11, 2004, 07:50 PM
My boss just asked me to get ahold of the guys at the range I shoot at and set up a range day for my entire dept. from work. I AM STOKED!!!! So much for taking "a" person to the range, I'm taking the entire dept. of about 15 people(which includes 5 members of the fairer sex). I don't know what else to say other than THIS IS AWESOME. :D :D :D :D :D

It's all I can do to type right now I'm so excited. I mean WHAT AN OPPORTUNITY!!

It will take a while to work out. But once it happens there will be a range report.

I finally get to go home from work in a good mood!!!!!!
:D

Guess what folks, maybe, just maybe this fight we fight may be worth it!!!
No, it is worth it!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Guys this is AWESOME!!!!!! Check it out, warm fuzzies are guaranteed. Range Day." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kodiak AK
May 11, 2004, 07:57 PM
Educate the heck out of them . Make sure you bring along a EBR , make sure there is a 30-30 lever and that they know TK wants the calibuer banned by name . You have a chance to make 15 progun people at once .

spacemanspiff
May 11, 2004, 07:57 PM
take pictures. lets see the potential converts.

gbran
May 11, 2004, 07:59 PM
In the last few months, I've persuaded 7 people at work to get their ccw's, including the boss's wife.

only1asterisk
May 11, 2004, 08:10 PM
I find it better to have some help when dealing with such a large group.
Good luck!

David

Bog
May 11, 2004, 08:16 PM
*happy sigh*

What a lovely thing. I have very fond memories of post-Range luncheon.

I said "Brip!" a lot. Still makes me giggle helplessly.

buy guns
May 11, 2004, 08:36 PM
Ben where do you work?

Ben Shepherd
May 11, 2004, 08:37 PM
I plan on having a couple guys from the range help out. I'm going to need it, as the dept. runs from me(a full-on 2nd Amendment freak and gun enthusiast) clear down the spectum to the never even shot one "Why do you need a gun?" type.

Don't worry, I plan on some very basic instuction before we even think about picking up a gun.

Now I know what a drivers ed teacher feels like. YIKES!!!:what:

Ben Shepherd
May 11, 2004, 08:39 PM
I work in a car dealership parts dept.

Shanghai McCoy
May 11, 2004, 09:04 PM
Neat!When we lived in Tulsa the wife and I hosted a range day for some interns from various countries.The Russian girl REALLY had a good time.Course,she gave me a funy look when I asked her to say "Moose and Squirrel"...:)

LynnMassGuy
May 11, 2004, 09:08 PM
Thats awesome!!! I am envious!!!! I sell auto parts too only the company I work for is owned by one of the biggest financial backers of the former Howard Dean campaign.(No I'm not kidding and yes MA is as bad as you think it is.):o

firearms_instructor
May 11, 2004, 09:35 PM
YES!!! Wonderful, awesome, this is an excellent thing to do. I did this myself for about a dozen computer techs on my team when my wife and I worked at a tech support call center. I had started piqueing their interest months before by bringing my old gun magazines in to work for my fellow techs to read between phone calls.

They all had a safe, fun, first experience with firearms, and they ALL enjoyed it, in fact the guy who was most fearful of guns at first was the first one to buy his own gun (bolt-action .22 Ruger rifle). I have him on video, grinning ear-to-ear holding an Uzi carbine and saying, "You know, you could kill a lot of deer with this thing!"

Good luck and be safe!

4v50 Gary
May 11, 2004, 09:44 PM
I asked a Russian once about "Moose must die" and he says it would be translated as "Moose die."

nvrquit
May 12, 2004, 12:16 AM
.... worked at the wrong places....

Outstanding Ben! May your employment stay steady and enjoyable under what may be "enlightened" management.

Shanghai,

ROTFLMAO, Moose and Squirrel! Ah Ha!!!

Sylvilagus Aquaticus
May 12, 2004, 12:23 AM
I'm pleased to hear I'm not the only person who asks Russian (and Polish, Czech, and Yugoslav) girls to say "moose and squirrel".

I've even got my wife doing it with her foreign students at college.

Good luck on the range day, and post photos and results when you're done.

Regards,
Rabbit.

GigaBuist
May 12, 2004, 12:24 AM
Uhm, hey Ben... somebody kinda did that with me about 3 years ago. I hadn't shot a gun since I was 8 at the time. I was 21 at that point in my life -- err, rather really close to it. I didn't own a single firearm. In fact when I moved out I left my BB gun at my parents at 20.

Now? Well, I'm here... and 12 firearms later I still got an itch. Cripes I should look the guy that put together up. He took me to my first gunshow. Sniff, sniff... good times.

Bog
May 12, 2004, 09:32 AM
"Brip!"

*giggle*

Sorry... couldn't resist... flashback... heehee... Brip!

WhiteKnight
May 12, 2004, 12:52 PM
I'm pleased to hear I'm not the only person who asks Russian (and Polish, Czech, and Yugoslav) girls to say "moose and squirrel".

Am I the only one who has no idea what you're talking about? :(

ckyllo
May 12, 2004, 01:14 PM
do the names Rocky, Bullwinkle, Borris and Natasha mean anything to you?

need to get them to say "big plot against moose and squirrel"

oh for the good old days, it was a cartoon if you are wondering.

ckyllo
May 12, 2004, 01:14 PM
delete double post

Sisco
May 12, 2004, 01:19 PM
Sounds like fun!
Setting up a range day where I work means getting people together to do clean-up and maintenance. Range is on company property. :D

HiWayMan
May 12, 2004, 02:06 PM
Damn. In college I knew quite a few Russians that were engineering students. It never once crossed my mind to have them do Rocky and Bullwinkle when we were pouring down the beer. Ahh......missed opportunities.

foghornl
May 12, 2004, 02:41 PM
"Hey, Rocky. Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat. Nothin' up my sleeve, nothin' between my ears....PRESTO!"

Ah, yes.....Boris Badenof & Natasha. From the Rocky & Bullwinkle show, as narrated by William (Cannon) Conrad.

Good on ya, Mr. Shepherd for getting so many noo-b's to the range at a time.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

hksw
May 12, 2004, 06:58 PM
Huh, that sounds pretty cool.

15 people is a lot of folks. Might want to have some help to make sure everything runs safely.

WhiteKnight
May 12, 2004, 07:02 PM
do the names Rocky, Bullwinkle, Borris and Natasha mean anything to you?

Ah! Gotcha! :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Guys this is AWESOME!!!!!! Check it out, warm fuzzies are guaranteed. Range Day." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!