Good weather, range prep?

PDA

Josey
May 12, 2004, 02:42 AM
Good weather, finally! I have meds that make me sensitive to UV. I have had skin cancer. (melanoma) I am diabetic. There are many others who have health problems and stay active. What I would like to know is not how many firearms or ammunition you carry but, what do you carry for comfort and sun protection? Do you wear a safari jacket, pith helmet and gel padded shooting gloves? Do you take water? Snacks? A chair? :confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Good weather, range prep?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sheldon
May 12, 2004, 02:49 AM
I have an alergic reaction to something in suntan lotion that makes me look like I've been running through poison oak. I usually just wear long sleeve tee shirts and wide brim hats of some sort when spending time out in the sun. When I fish I will sometimes wear sun gloves as well to keep my hands from getting sunburned as well. My face and nose especially take a beating when I'm out in the snow or at the beach!!

Josey
May 12, 2004, 03:10 AM
Sun gloves? WHAT are sun gloves? Where do you get them?

JohnBT
May 12, 2004, 08:37 AM
sun gloves -

www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=6930947&memberId=12500226

I belong to two ranges and both have covered firing lines. JT

tcsd1236
May 12, 2004, 09:36 AM
I wear a baseball cap, but that is more to keep the brass out of my face. The range has a picnic table already there, and if I want a drink I just wander into the house and grab something out of the fridge. Its great having your own range, except when you have to mow it.

Highland Ranger
May 12, 2004, 01:36 PM
Long sleeves, long pants and some kind of gloves as well as a baseball cap.

Covered firing line helps.

If you enjoyed reading about "Good weather, range prep?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!