I Appear As The Hero!

PDA

ACP230
May 12, 2004, 08:41 AM
My 12 year-old son came down for breakfast the other day and said,
"Dad, I had a dream..."
In it his buddy and he were fooling around here before baseball practice.

"Then a small bear showed up and charged us. You came out of the house with the 649 and shot it through the eye!"

I think this is kind of funny since my son has seen me shoot that 649. He shoots with me often and has beaten my score in the e-mail .22 benchrest matches we do together now and then. I have my good days and bad days at the range and he's seen both.

In my son's dream I had the skill and the nerve to shoot ol' Oso right where it would do the most good.
I'm flattered.

If you enjoyed reading about "I Appear As The Hero!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Snowdog
May 12, 2004, 09:34 AM
That must have made your day. I suppose you straightened your shoulders, stood up straight and developed a steely gleam in your eye as he told you his dream.
That just tells you what he thinks of you; daddy the provider and protector.

Now if he ever has a dream about mommy rushing out and clobbering a menacing bear on the head with her purse or a high heel shoe while daddy watches NASCAR on the porch with beer in hand, promising to help once they go to commercials and after a quick trip to the can, then it's time to become more active in his life. :D

Good to hear your son holds you in such high regard... you're definitely doing something right!

If you enjoyed reading about "I Appear As The Hero!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!