US mil contracting more ammo from Israel

PDA

Sylvilagus Aquaticus
May 12, 2004, 04:25 PM
Can't get enough to keep our ready reserve in place, I suppose.

Domestic production will increase, meaning more jobs for Americans!

I bet white box .223 starts getting scarcer for a little while.

I'll tough it out.

http://www.dailystar.com/dailystar/news/21194.php

Regards,
Rabbit.

If you enjoyed reading about "US mil contracting more ammo from Israel" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ocabj
May 12, 2004, 04:33 PM
I'm one of the few people who actually reloads .223 for the AR, so I haven't bought brand new .223 ammunition in a couple years.

sturmruger
May 12, 2004, 04:33 PM
It seems like it would be smart to buy ammunition closer to where it is being used. They might save a little on shipping it.

DMK
May 12, 2004, 10:24 PM
Go figure. I didn't even know that IMI made M855. I thought they only made M193.

rayra
May 13, 2004, 01:02 AM
It seems like it would be smart to buy ammunition closer to where it is being used. They might save a little on shipping it. My understanding is that (insanely) there is only ONE FedGov plant producing Mil .223 in the CONUS.
How's that for short-sighted?

MrMurphy
May 13, 2004, 02:43 AM
Nothing new......we haven't been in a major war in a long time you know...

Look at WW2.....when you've got National Postal Meter and Rock Ola Jukebox Co. making carbines, you know you're in FULL production!

Yeah, they're a little short, but not that much. IMI makes a lot of hardware that they sell to everyone, and considering how many Humvees, Apaches, Bradleys, K-pots and M16s they buy from us (keeping our military hardware people in business) admittedly, with money we give them that must be spent in the US, it's only fair we toss a little business their way.

Besides, it'll give the terrorists another reason to be mad "these are Jewish bullets!" or something like that......

rayra
May 13, 2004, 04:42 AM
I don't mind buying them from Israel, I just think it's bad news to have only one of anything of strategic importance. It's like closing a major military hardware assembly site like the Abrams line, or cutting the tactical aircraft workforce by 80% - how do you recover all those years of skill, when they wander away in the fallow years to pursue other careers.

Kodiak AK
May 13, 2004, 05:31 AM
You know with all of the Billions of dollors we have given to Isreal over the years ........ Maybe they should just give us a few Million rounds .:o

If you enjoyed reading about "US mil contracting more ammo from Israel" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!