Some folks sure know how to squeeze every last dime from a sale

PDA

Unlucky
May 12, 2004, 05:56 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36258&item=3676958773&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976456927.htm

If you enjoyed reading about "Some folks sure know how to squeeze every last dime from a sale" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
2nd Amendment
May 12, 2004, 06:16 PM
Well, I do like his rant on ebay, at least. They yanked an FN kit of mine in the same fashion and I did indeed give them hell...for all the good it did me.

Hmmm, $75.00 for an empty box...ok...

Unlucky
May 12, 2004, 06:27 PM
Not just an empty box, but one that belongs with a gun that is concurrently for sale. I've seen some places that split off mags from guns (most pistols come with two), then try to sell them back to you. I find this in a similar ethical vein.

Sylvilagus Aquaticus
May 12, 2004, 06:51 PM
At least his rant is somewhat righteous.

Regards,
Rabbit.

James Castilla
May 12, 2004, 07:18 PM
"What am I supposed to do with an empty case?!?!?!?"

:D

anapex
May 12, 2004, 07:56 PM
Hehe great movie James, great movie.

standingbear
May 12, 2004, 08:22 PM
yup..they sure do.reminds me of what happened to me when I bought my russian made sks.I bought the rifle and slid it out of the box.checked the buttstock for the cleaning kit..not there?the guy says"oh,they dont come with cleaning kits..the cleaning kits are an accessory and Ill sell you one for an extra 15 bucks if you want one".funny..out slid a lil packing list with the gun that clearly showed it came with an cleaning kit.with this..I asked"really?"as I read off the packing list aloud to him.needless to say,I got the cleaning kit for free.

Cameron Lamont
May 12, 2004, 10:09 PM
Ya think he might be offering the BOX ONLY for sale on ebay as advertising to get people interested in contacting him about the gun??

Just a thought.

carpettbaggerr
May 12, 2004, 10:22 PM
Collectors are crazy.

See the proof Here (clicky) (http://www.smith-wessonforum.com/ubb/Forum14/HTML/000983.html)

Unlucky
May 13, 2004, 01:01 AM
Ya think he might be offering the BOX ONLY for sale on ebay as advertising to get people interested in contacting him about the gun??

No, since I didn't see an address listed at ebay and came on this by chance while looking for some grips for a PP I bought recently. The ebay rant was memorable enough that I recognized the username on GA.

Nightfa11
May 13, 2004, 01:33 AM
But...but...I can't shoot anything with a BOX? What's the point of a BOX?

I want a GUN...not a BOX...

The_Antibubba
May 13, 2004, 01:56 AM
I'VE GOT A HAND-WRITTEN RECEIPT FOR THE GUN THAT JOHN WILKES BOOTH USED TO KILL ABRAHAM LINCOLN!!!!

Who would like to start the bidding?

:rolleyes: And to think, they could be buying more AMMO with that money!

TarpleyG
May 13, 2004, 08:59 AM
before spewing your ignorance like a well aimed beam of fecal matter
Well, Art's grammaw may not have liked it but I sure do.:D

GT

If you enjoyed reading about "Some folks sure know how to squeeze every last dime from a sale" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!